Pathfinder Chronicles Miniatures: Ranger of Erastil WIP

One of my friends commissioned me to paint this for her. It's a mini from Paizo.com, she picked it up at gencon a few years back.

This Link will take you to where you can get one for yourself if you desire it.

Stock photo:

PZO7008_180.jpeg

I cut off the base...toughest base I've ever cut off...took me almost a day at work. I rebased and added a log for decoration.

IMG_3420.JPGIMG_3421.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work with the base! are they vines on the arms or ribbons? if vines, you could add some to the log to tie it together.

They are vines. An interesting idea, tying them to the log, but probably not the look I want to go for. I don't want her to look bound.

nice work with the base! are they vines on the arms or ribbons? if vines, you could add some to the log to tie it together.

They are vines. An interesting idea, tying them to the log, but probably not the look I want to go for. I don't want her to look bound.

I think Corporea was suggesting adding vines to the log so you'll have "vines on ranger" and "vines on log" making the base feel very relevant to the mini. Not that she'd be draped in the same actual vines as around her arms.

ahh, those are awesome! you could use some thin craft wire- 24-28 gauge and create some twists like vines. you also could use the green stuff for this part. for the leaves either use birch seed leaves or you can sculpt them out of green stuff or sculpey. I've tried all three- the easiest by far is the birch seeds. attach leaves to sculpted vines or wire with superglue- it sticks to either very well. I can snap a pic of some vines I did this PM after work if you want. or just skip the vines altogether and glue leaves to the log and paint on vines.

Edited by Corporea

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.