Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Psst... Hey, wanna see something cool?

It's really cool. :;): I will get 2 of Nethyrmaul and 3 of Kaladrax. Don't even know why I choosed Kaladrax 3 times.

I need to find more space in my living room...

Any estimates on how much a metal nethyrmaul would cost retail??

My wallet hurts just thinking about it. :blink:

I suppose some kind of metal/resin combo might bring the price (and weight) down a bit.

(Bliss)

2013 is definitely going to be the year of the undead. . . .

Don't even know why I choosed Kaladrax 3 times.

Because. Just because.

*swallows and looks nervously at his painting station*

That's one big dragon!

(So glad I purchased it, but seriously I have miniatures smaller than 1 chest scale that took 3 hours to paint...)

The smaller they are the harder they are to paint? I hope... I've never painted something this big... the biggest I've painted thus far is the bear-riding dwarf... and I'm going to have like, 10 of these things to paint... /faint

redambrosia?

. . . .

Breathe.

(Although, on a serious note, if you don't have access to an airbrush, this is the time to start seriously considering it. . . .)

Edited by Panzer_Engel
  • Like 1

*swallows and looks nervously at his painting station*

That's one big dragon!

(So glad I purchased it, but seriously I have miniatures smaller than 1 chest scale that took 3 hours to paint...)

The smaller they are the harder they are to paint? I hope... I've never painted something this big... the biggest I've painted thus far is the bear-riding dwarf... and I'm going to have like, 10 of these things to paint... /faint

redambrosia?

. . . .

Breathe.

(Although, on a serious note, if you don't have access to an airbrush, this is the time to start seriously considering it. . . .)

I don't think I have room for one of those, I also have no idea where to get one. Or how to use one...

So just a normal paintbrush won't be fine? >.>

I don't think I have room for one of those, I also have no idea where to get one. Or how to use one...

So just a normal paintbrush won't be fine? >.>

A normal paintbrush is fine, probably a big one for those beasts. You might consider spray paints just for basecoats if you don't want to learn about airbrushes. Just like spray primer, it can speed things up a lot.

Normal painting techniques will be fine, although you might want to invest in a comparitively large, flat brush. Using an airbrush on large models is a combination of convenience - It makes painting large areas quicker and easier. And opportunity - You can create effects with an airbrush which are difficult to achieve with conventional painting, and it's easiest to use on larger models. I'm a long way from being an expert, but having used one, I wouldn't paint vehicles with a brush if I was paid to.

As far as airbrushes go, there are some good threads on acquiring and using one on this board. All of which will probably be more help than I can be, in terms of what's available and where to find it on your side of the Atlantic. And yes, finding the space to use one can be the biggest stumbling block.

And yes, finding the space to use one can be the biggest stumbling block.

That's really the only thing that will hold me back. My husband will approve any painting related expenses as long as we can afford them (and we can always save up if it's THAT expensive (saving up for a ral partha Takhisis)), but our apartment is tiny and already crammed full of more stuff than we have space for. Though it might help if we didn't constantly buy each other toys :rolleyes:

• Like 2

(saving up for a ral partha Takhisis)

I approve!

I do not, however, approve of the new quote function. Stupid technology.

*looks at post*

Well now I've just done all kinds of weird stuff to it. I think I'll quit while I'm behind.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 1

*looks at post*

Well now I've just done all kinds of weird stuff to it. I think I'll quit while I'm behind.

Proving that unlike most politicians, this hobby-obsessed, tangerine-skinned twisted little goblin knows that when you're in a hole, you stop digging.

I'd vote for you. ::P:

P.S. if you like the old quote functionality better, click the light switch icon in the top-left corner of the editor and go to BBCode mode. That's what I did.

I approve!

*looks at post*

If you hit the little lightswitch looking button "BBCode Mode" it changes it so you can edit out other quotes.

And you ought to approve, your WIP thread on her was what inspired my desire for a Takhisis :lol:

I ought to have my exchange mini finally done and out the door after this weekend, and then I'll get caught up on my WIPs. Including Takky, who keeps staring at me with puppy-dragon eyes.

Why u no luv Takky? Why u no paint Takky?

If I don't pay her some attention soon, I might find a lump of metal excreted onto my chair.

ETA: Also, thank you Smart Hoomans for teaching me how to quote again. I'd share a bowl of grubs with you anytime.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin