CAV: Strike Operations

• Reaper User

First off you might of noticed I deleted all of the threads in this folder. Mainly I didnt want past information to cause any further confusion with people as to the state of the game etc. Im not going to give any excuses as to where things have been and where they are now...but its safe to say things changed from my initial plan. I think in the long run it will be for the better but only time will tell.

I have spent the last year away from the boards. I know this has caused problems but I needed to do it. Im not going into a lot of details at this point and things will unfold in the next few months as they become available to be put in your hand. No more vapor ware, promises, etc.

AS has been noted the CAV 2 rules remain available for new players to download so they can play the game with the minis we have. These will remain available for now but they are not the final form the game will be. If you are interested in being a product tester, please drop me a note here on the forums and I will add you to the list. There is no time frame here as we are working on many things and making sure they are done before we proceed. See... we can learn!

I will be glad to answer what questions or concerns you may have to the best of my ability. Im not going to go into a lot of things from the past. Lets move on and grow our game!

Jon Walker

aka CAVBOSS

Put me down to test it. I'd like to push my CAV models around again. Moving forward, I hope you will still maintain a build system to allow players to trick out their models.

There are some brilliant custom builds in the Show Off section of the forum, and you'll get more people psyched if they can one day use them.

Hummm first off I think you need to have a better system of letting us players know what's going on. I am not asking for you to tell us what all happened, what I am asking you to do is have some way to let us know that crap hit the fan and you will be gone a while. I am still ticked off, but trying to let that rule my words.

As for playtesting..... I stand alone. If I remember correct your the closest player to me. It is about an hour and half between us. I am currentlly working 3 jobs + house work and help raise 2 kids. My life in full at the moment. I wouldn't mind helping, but with out an opponent my help would be worthless.

If things change i.e an opponent magically appears, I'll sign on. I would like a change to play something.

"Colonel Kane"

Brandon

• Reaper User

Put me down to test it. I'd like to push my CAV models around again. Moving forward, I hope you will still maintain a build system to allow players to trick out their models.

There are some brilliant custom builds in the Show Off section of the forum, and you'll get more people psyched if they can one day use them.

-- I agree. Construction is very important to me and will be in any version of the game.

I wonder if you still intend CAV:SO to be a Battletech clone as it was in past documents...

-- Im sorry you felt it was a BT clone. I dont agree, but the best thing is if you dont like what is there you always have CAV 2 to hold on to.

Hummm first off I think you need to have a better system of letting us players know what's going on. I am not asking for you to tell us what all happened, what I am asking you to do is have some way to let us know that crap hit the fan and you will be gone a while. I am still ticked off, but trying to let that rule my words.

As for playtesting..... I stand alone. If I remember correct your the closest player to me. It is about an hour and half between us. I am currentlly working 3 jobs + house work and help raise 2 kids. My life in full at the moment. I wouldn't mind helping, but with out an opponent my help would be worthless.

If things change i.e an opponent magically appears, I'll sign on. I would like a change to play something.

"Colonel Kane"

Brandon

-- I agree but things just got very busy and I spent my time there concentrating on them. What happened is simple, plans got changed and the end results will be worth it. I travel a lot and maybe I can come by for a game at some point. I will be holding games down at Reaper on a Saturday here and there as soon as possible and will have games at ReaperCon next year.

I have never played CAV1 or 2 but I have a handful of the minis. Might be fun to test a new version.

@ Joshuaslater:

+1 custom built Mechs.

-- Glad to have you on board. :-)

CAVBOSS

Well crap. I guess you will have to count me in. Selket stung me. I have to assemble the guard, dust off the table and I'll need the new rules and data cards, but I'm in. You and I should work out some sort of schedule. You could come to my house and I could meet you at yours or a store or some such.

I would love to playtest. CAV could have a real shot at a comeback. I would just reccomend dilligent study of all the feedback that this forum and others has provided on both past editions of CAV. The miniatures stand alone, they can and do sell without a healthy game system to prop them up. What will make CAV a real success will be a system that is quick to play, provides depth of strategic thinking, rewards correct tactical decision making and gives players a sense of what the world is about. Remember: Your die-hard fans are what will drive your success or consign CAV: SO to the $5.00 and under section of the flea market at Cons (right next to original CAV, and both JORs.) You can't make everyone happy, but if you piss enough of them off you will fail. That being said, good luck and I can't wait to play!

• Reaper User

I'm a little peeved that EVERYTHING got nuked, not just the CAV:SO topics.

--Im having Kit look to see if we can restore the posts from a backup of the server. If we can I will repost the topics and then go through and be more selective about the clean-up. I honestly didnt think there was that much stuff in the general section that needed to remain, especially threads that were over 5 years old. Hence why I left the other forums alone as they had more game-related material for those that wanted to work with the old stuff. Again I apologize for assuming.

If a restore can be done how about as a suggestion leaving a CAV General section? Kit may be able to add it so there are four sections in the CAV section, any topics from older rule sets can be moved to CAV General and the other three can be used for the current rule set. Just a suggestion to prevent the loss of information from any version of the rules.

Garm