Sign in to follow this  
recruittons

Recruittons' Stonehaven Miniatures Thread

My first show-off in a long while, but I received from minis from my pledge to Stonehaven Miniatures kickstarter project and got a few of them painted up over the last 3 days! The troll is my absolute favorite, cast in resin and completely awesome.

post-8231-0-96912000-1355617467_thumb.jpg

Dwarven Tombstone

post-8231-0-98377300-1355617462_thumb.jpg

Bloodknuckle Grymm, Dwarven Berserker

post-8231-0-89668800-1355617471_thumb.jpg

Troll

Sorry for the cell phone photography, but I'm moving around my painting and picture taking station, so most of my stuff it out of sorts, on top of a burnt out bulb in my lighting setup.

Anyway, here you go ::D:

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 11

They all look great! The berserker is my favorite of your 3, and the base on the tombstone was a nice touch. I got my Stonehaven dwarves too and look forward to painting them up.

• Like 1

Thanks! I considered putting it on a dirt flocked base, but then thought about it and it sounded cool that dwarves would bury their dead in the deep places, kept safe beneath their signature stonework :;):

Troll reminds me of the Elquest trolls.

Nice work on all 3 thou.

• Like 1

Aargh!!! Everyone has received their Stonehaven Dwarves and Trolls but me! :(

Seriously nice work on all 3 pieces. That's the first of their trolls I've seen painted up and the job you did on it really is really nice. My favourite of the three.

• Like 1

:lol: Yup, those are my cheap-o paints! I now have 3 bottles of Vallejo, though, and I'm slowly working up a collection. I have black, white, and dark flesh in Vallejo, now. When I use those colors, I can very easily see why having better paint can help. No more globbing on thick blobs of paint just to be able to see it/have it release from the brush easily ::D:

Nicely done. The Troll is standing next to my computer right now as it's a very clean cast but at the same time his pose is so static that I don't know if I'll ever paint him.

I finished a few more of these awesome Stonehaven minis!

Dwarven Miner

minerfront_zps6e520c66.jpg

minerback_zps3a0ceef2.jpg

This pic is terrible, but it shows the bit of freehand I did on the back of his shirt. I'm actually quite proud of the dwarven letters there ::D:

Little Dwarf Girl

littledwarfgirl_zps02338014.jpg

Dwarven Bard

bardfront_zps50d31b8a.jpg

bardrear_zpsddafe193.jpg

• Like 8

That bard is spot-on! Nicely done on him; really clean and bold. And now I'm sad I don't have the wee dwarven lass; she's a great mini.

• Like 1

Thank you! The bard is something I'm terribly proud of. When I finished with him, I could honestly say he was some of my better work. I decided on lots of colors to play up the bard aspect of being attention seekers. Plus, colorful leather!

The little girl dwarf is so cute. The thing in her hands are little knitting needles and around her side is a pouch full of yarn balls. I painted her up as a gift for my niece, Addyson, so I gave her the same hair color and eye color, as well as putting a little golden A on the shoulder-bag of yarn.

Yes! I have a plan for him as well. He is going to rest under the foot of the Bones cloud giantess when she arrives, being crushed by the ball of her elegant foot and toes. :devil:

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Fresh off the painting table come the Dwarf Adventurers II from Stonehaven Miniatures.  Their first Kickstarter, another set of Dwarfs, was the second Kickstarter I ever backed!

First, a group of the "traditional" Dwarfs, if any of them can be called as such.

One of my favorites of the set, a Dwarf Barber:

Here are the Dwarfs I thought would work better as Duergar.

My Duergar take some inspiration from World of Warcraft's Dark Iron Dwarfs, not just having white hair.  Gives them a bit of variety.

Dead Tom:

And preparing for Eberron, the Dwarforged:

• By Lidless Eye
      Though all these sculpts from Stonehaven Miniatures are intended to be Grippli, I think they'll see more use as Grung as I run "Tomb of Annihilation"

The figures are from the last few Kickstarters.

The former frog.

A froggy doodad.

Must be a Mystic.  You can tell by his shiny rock.

SUMO!

The Doot-Dooter:

A nasty little Warlock.

A Wizard with a fake beard.  Who does he think he's fooling?

A slippery Pickpocket.

And a-rangin' we will go:

• By Lidless Eye
      My latest project is my recently arrived Stonehaven Adventurers 2018. 

There's a nice amount of variety in this set, though I do miss the themes of their old projects.

The more traditional adventurers first:

The Human Ranger.  Stonehaven Humans have really grown on me.

The Hireling.  I can see him being useful for all sorts of D&D games, or as a Mule for Frostgrave.

The Half-Elf Cleric.  I liked her pet.

My surprise favorite of the Kickstarter, the Half-Elf Witch.

Another caster in a very evocative pose, the Human Elemantalist.

Another female miniature in a unique pose, the Human Thief.

Last of the more "traditional" heroes, she's labelled "Human Sorceress" but is clearly a Lich in disguise.

I figured the Owlfolk could use their own flock.  They'll be seeing use as Aarakocra, I'm sure.

The Child Owlkin Engineer.  Looks like a Bubo.

The Pygmy Rogue.

The Owlkin Fighter.

The wise old owl, possibly named Virgil.

• By Lidless Eye
      Fi fie fo fum!  

Just in time for my "Storm King's Thunder" campaign to be long over, here come the Giants from Stonehaven Miniatures!

The Hill Giant Rustler:

The Sleepyhead:

Smile on, smilodon!

The Giant Barbarian.  I believe the intent was as a Hill Giant, but I have a ton of those.  His warpaint is  based on runes from "Storm King's Thunder"

The Cloud Giant:

The Storm Giant.  He's a great design, but he's rather small compared to the other Giants.  It was a debate on what color of Dragon to use for his armor:

The Fire Giant, who was probably my favorite to paint.  She's a nice, simple design but gets the point across.

The Treant:

The only small miniature that I painted so far, but still from the Stonehaven Giants Kickstarter so it counts: The Entling!

• By Lidless Eye
      For the most recent works in progress, a gigantic distraction from my poor Death Guard project.  In the last week, multiple delayed Kickstarters (and one on-time Nickstarter) arrived...as well as the ReaperCon Swag Bag!

Arrivals included:
      Stonehaven Miniatures Giants Stonehaven Adventurers 2017 Midlam Miniatures "Winter Adventurers" Reapercon Swag Bag Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter  

While I am trying to complete the Death Guard, I did ready these groups for prime time:

The Giants are nicely sized.  While there are some issues with the scaling between Giant "tribes" in comparison to 5E entries, they do tower over adventurers.  The Wolf Lord, who I expected to be an Ogre-sized werewolf, is massive!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 381 Guests (See full list)