Sign in to follow this  
fanguad

Santa Dwarf

Santa Dwarf comes to give all the good dwarves their favorite holiday gift!

DSC02207.JPGDSC02211.JPGDSC02214.JPGDSC02216.JPG

Wait what? Reaper made a "real" Santa Dwarf? That one seems unlikely to be as popular as this fellow come Christmas morning.

C&C appreciated. This is the first Stonehaven Dwarf that I've painted, he was lots of fun. I tried to rely less on washing and drybrushing on this guy, and I think his shirt in particular is a big improvement over my previous minis. He's shinier than I'd like, but I'll have to wait until spring before I can hit him with Dullcote. (I used GW Hardcoat, then watered down Reaper Matte Sealant). Also my first usage of a resin base (this one came with the dwarves), and I made the mistake of painting the base then gluing him on - then I had to repaint part of the base which didn't come out quite right. I tried to cover up my mistake with dark brown and call it "shadows."

• Like 5

Does anyone know if the Stonehaven dwarves will be come out as regular releases or where these just made for the KS? I saw the KS but never paid much attention to it. Kinda wish I had as I've liked all I've seen come out of it so far.

Lovely work.

RM

Fantastic! I love the colors you chose, and the detail on the cask is awesome ::D:. Glad to see someone else got their Stonehaven shipment.

---

---

---

*sigh*

• Like 1