Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

Tagging or Name problems

May I suggest adding the "Steampunk" tag to 50187, Smedley Cloverdash, Evil Villain

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/villain/sku-down/50187

and the "Time Traveller" tag to 50178 Andre Durand, Time Chaser and 50001 Sascha Dubois, Time Chaser.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/time%20chaser/sku-down/50178

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/time%20chaser/sku-down/50001

Cap'n Willie Sharp, 2012 Convention Mousling by Gene Van Horne is not in the figure finder at all as far as I can tell. I know he is limited edition, but other limited editions appear, and for collectors it would be great if he could be in there tagged as a pirate, mousling and GeneVan Horne. Thanks!

Fixed.

May I suggest adding the "Steampunk" tag to 50187, Smedley Cloverdash, Evil Villain

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/villain/sku-down/50187

and the "Time Traveller" tag to 50178 Andre Durand, Time Chaser and 50001 Sascha Dubois, Time Chaser.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/time%20chaser/sku-down/50178

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/time%20chaser/sku-down/50001

Fixed.

Is there any way to list them all on the same page, with 3 separate spots for SKUs? I imagine it would not be simple at all, but if you're going to offer multiple materials, it might be worth it.

Sort of. They all come up when searching by name, for example, and if we have tagged them identically, they will all appear under the same search. We have a system in development that will allow us to associate multiple SKUs with each other, and it will be used for both this use and for Boxed sets that contain parts that are also available as other SKUs

I do not think that that association system is active, but the data is all there.

06210: Dwarf Daughters of Skaadi (9) has an extra "a" in Skadi :)

It would also be great if P06210C had her own code and full listing. :)

14129 Mi-Sher, Nefsokar Sergeant

Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Leather, Melee, Hood, Scimitar, Rogue, Ranger, Sergeant, Nefsokar, Adult, Middle Eastern, Persian, Arabian, Egyptian, Dervish, Dual Wield

03515 Mi-Sher, Dervish Warrior
Tags: Female, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Adult, Scimitar, Ranger, Fighter, Hood, Arabian, Middle Eastern, Dual Wield

These 2 are the same model incidently except 14129 has a Warlord base while 03515 has a brocoli base.

--

Don't have Dual Wield;

02423: Michelle Dancingblades

60092: Cleric of Calistria

02645: Maria Roseblade

02534: Kiri, Female Ninja (and has dagger twice)

02970: Rasia, Bladedancer

02796: Ilsa Darkstep, Thief

03130: Isabella Florentina

Edited by ObsidianCrane

There is also

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger

20023: Female Ranger (with a Green or a Blue cloak...)

14371: Saori, Shadow Sister

06173: Shadow Sister (9)

06173 has the Tags: Shadowdancer, Sword, Cloak, Armor, Mercenary, Fighter, Female, Human

147371 has the Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Melee, Dodge, Diving, Cape, Dual, Ranger, Rogue

20023 has the Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Melee, Plastic, Prepainted, Dodge, Diving, Dual, Rogue

77022 has the Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Melee, Dual Wield, Cape, Diving, Dodge, Ranger, Rogue

All but 77022 need dual wield, there are other inconsistencies as well obviously.

06173 is also missing Warlord from its "Found In" listing.

There there are;

02978: Magda Mintsilver, Female Dwarf and 02085: Magda Mintsilver who are two very different female dwarves.

I do have life I swear! :)

Incidently the "Adult" tag seems to be used haphazardly. There are 1204 models with it in the catalog, it seems to be an entirely superflous thing as the default for a model is "adult" while "child" is special. Adult also isn't an indicator of "Adult Content" as things like naked succubi don't have it. (Naked is another problem tag as well.. anyone want to go through and find all the "Naked" models that have loin cloths or other attire?)

Edited by ObsidianCrane

06210: Dwarf Daughters of Skaadi (9) has an extra "a" in Skadi :)

Fixed

14129 Mi-Sher, Nefsokar Sergeant

Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Leather, Melee, Hood, Scimitar, Rogue, Ranger, Sergeant, Nefsokar, Adult, Middle Eastern, Persian, Arabian, Egyptian, Dervish, Dual Wield

03515 Mi-Sher, Dervish Warrior

Tags: Female, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Adult, Scimitar, Ranger, Fighter, Hood, Arabian, Middle Eastern, Dual Wield

These 2 are the same model incidently except 14129 has a Warlord base while 03515 has a brocoli base.

--

Don't have Dual Wield;

02423: Michelle Dancingblades

60092: Cleric of Calistria

02645: Maria Roseblade

02534: Kiri, Female Ninja (and has dagger twice)

02970: Rasia, Bladedancer

02796: Ilsa Darkstep, Thief

03130: Isabella Florentina

Fixed.

There is also

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger

20023: Female Ranger (with a Green or a Blue cloak...)

14371: Saori, Shadow Sister

06173: Shadow Sister (9)

06173 has the Tags: Shadowdancer, Sword, Cloak, Armor, Mercenary, Fighter, Female, Human

Added tags from other listings in this post.

147371 has the Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Melee, Dodge, Diving, Cape, Dual, Ranger, Rogue Removed "Diving" That's an odd one.

20023 has the Tags: Female, Elf, Human, Sword, Cloak, Leather, Melee, Plastic, Prepainted, Dodge, Diving, Dual, Rogue

"Ranger is in the name, so it is superfluous as a tag as our search function searched both name and tags. Removed Diving.

Removed Diving.

All but 77022 need dual wield, there are other inconsistencies as well obviously.

Adjusted all above to match, except 06173 which has a few extra.

06173 is also missing Warlord from its "Found In" listing.

Fixed

There there are;

02978: Magda Mintsilver, Female Dwarf and 02085: Magda Mintsilver who are two very different female dwarves.

I do have life I swear! :)

Incidently the "Adult" tag seems to be used haphazardly. There are 1204 models with it in the catalog, it seems to be an entirely superflous thing as the default for a model is "adult" while "child" is special. Adult also isn't an indicator of "Adult Content" as things like naked succubi don't have it. (Naked is another problem tag as well.. anyone want to go through and find all the "Naked" models that have loin cloths or other attire?)

02978/02085 is an example of re-using a name, presumably because the character leveled. There are multiple very distinct versions of Mangu Timur, Liriel, Darius the Blue, Toxanimer (also found as just "Tox") and many other figures that have names we really like and represent some of our real characters.

Adult: I'm not entirely sure it belongs as a tag, since it connotatively means "for mature audiences" and we use it as a signifier for not-a-child. At this time I am not removing it.

Naked: Generally used to mean what one might use adult for - bare or exposed primary or secondary sexual body parts, including but not limited breasts, buttocks, and gentials. We decided long ago not to distinguish between "Topless" and "Naked" and "Exposed X*" and to use only the one term. Tag clutter, the use of multiple tags when one would work, is a concern for us, partly because fewer tags means a simpler time searching - as the tag discrepancies here indicate.

*Exposed Butt/Bum/Bottom/Cheeks? It never worked for us.

On the topic of tag clutter, I once proposed we eliminate all class tags (World's Oldest Fantasy RPG style classes - like Fighter, Ranger, etc.) and have Melee, Magic, and Ranged. My philosophy is that "game class/level" is not a quality a miniature can quantitatively have as an attribute, and all melee models are potentially fighters, rangers, paladins, rogues, bards, clerics, barbarians, or whatever else, depending on the player's concept, the GMs particular world, etc. To me, focusing on the quantifiable attributes - depicted armor, equipment, demeanor - was more helpful.

However, 90% of consumers thing race/class first, and search by those terms. At shows, I'm told "I want a [race/class]" which inevitably leads me to say "I have those, what armor and weapons do you prefer?" so that I can get to the nitty-gritty of actually narrowing it down. You'll note our Figure Finder tool omits class, in favor of quantifiable terms.

In the end, since 90% of our customers find the "class" terms helpful, we decided to keep them. There is a huge amount of clutter this leads to, as melee fighters end up with 2-3 of fighter, paladin, ranger, rogue, etc. quite often.

We get a lot of that in regard to the P-65 figure line. We will likely begin to see a lot of that confusion when the Bones line includes hundreds of DHL, Chronoscope, and Warlord figures in a few months, where the only difference is the cost and material, but names and sculpt are identical.

That's someting I don't understand.

Here one modell which is all the same model, only different material or it is prepainted

(Bones) 77009: Werewolf (€1.49)

(Legendary Encounters Pre-Painted Plastic) 20025: Werewolf (€3.74)

(Standard Metal) 02747: Jean Paul DuChamps, Werewolf (€7.12)

Why do the Werewolf ones not have the name Jean Paul duChamps, Werewolf?

Why do you have for every an extra webpage?

Why not making one webpage forewhere the customer can choose between - prepainted, - bones, - standard metal, - p65

Ok, standard metal could be Warlord, Dark Heaven Legends, Pathfinder, Chronoscope and so on... But even here it is possible that some halflings will be soon warlord and DHL. (I'm was always wondering what means DHL... And now I wrote it automatically....)

Why different Productnumbers?

Whould it not better to but one or two digits before the standart 20025, so you and everyone else can see which model material is it? Like bones get 77, but behind it should the same as the original standart metal model.

Should not a productnumber give information about material, design, product line like warlord or pathfinder?

Even if you don't put them on the same page, use different Add to Cart Symbols for different materials,

instead of:

addtolist.gif

put P65 before it, or Bones or prepainted or whatever, so every could see why the model is cheaper or not.

Garrick the Bold got his name..., but not his evil prepainted twin 20022: Good Human Warrior (€3.74).

(I didn't read all the postings about this, so I could have not read the reason...)

In the moment, you have only few of the other material lines:

30 bones and fast growing (yeah, yeah, yeah)

38 prepainted

130 P65

I would think about a change before you have thousands of them and make searching more confusing.

Interesting points, I'll try to address most of this.

Part numbers are assigned chronologically. The designation of the first 2 digits as the product line is significant, but none of the final 3 digits are significant - XX123 has no meaning, where 77XXX does. As we come out with new models, we simply add them to the tail end of the list - today we stop Bones at 77029. The first Bone on the Vampire Graphic was assigned 77030, and so on. The part numbers for the hundreds of new bones was *almost* entirely done in the same order as the picture (We did not about a dozen figures that were "out of order" for one reason or another.) SInce the last 3 digits are not conisidered significant* to us - that is, they have no particular meaning the way the first 2 digits do, We saw no need to try to re-use the 3 digits from its corresponding DHL/Warlord/Chrono/PF counterpart. Doing so may have even caused problems as I'm not sure, but Chrono and PF may have had figures that share the last 3 in common. We had to assign part numbers to the Bones models before they were sent to China to have molds made, so that there was a common reference, so even though the public doesn't know most of the numbers, it is too late to change them.

We do not actually have a different webpage for each - our pages are generated dynamically by the code you input to search for them. If we did make them by hand, we might have consolidated similar figures, but that's a terribly inefficient way to make over 4,000 models searchable.

Different cart symbols or other "this is made from a different material signifiers" is something we have considered, but are not yet ready to implement. It may happen eventually, but there are a lot of tasks we think have priority over this.

Beyond that, None of the Legendary Encounters 20xxx models were assigned names. This was done for a variety of reasons, the simplest of which is that, at the time, we wanted to reinforce the "generic" nature of the figure inside - "good human warrior" can literally be anything. "garrick the bold" denotes a specific warrior. At one time, our thought was that we would not have very many duplicate roles - One good human warrior. One small dragon. One Human female ranger. Now that we are developing some of the Bones models into LE, we may have to revisit our LE naming policy, to avoid confusion. At that time, Garrick the Pre-Painted might get a name.

The solution we are working out now is a system that will cause the page generator to show linked products - 77009, 20025, 02747 all appear any time any of them is a valid search result, including if you search for a specific part number. For now, our best tool until this, or a product line designation is added to the buttons or graphics, is to continue to work to educate our customers.

*When I first started, back in the days of wine and roses when plastic was not a thing we had - even our Warlord Bases were metal! - I wondered why we didn't assign values to the last 3 digits, just as you do. The 100's place could be 0=Monsters, 1=Male Human, 2=Female Human 3=Male elf 4=Female Elf 5=Male dwarf 6=female dwarf 7=m. halfling 8=f. halfling 9=undead, and 0=Other. then the tens digit could signify armor type. Plate, leather, etc. The ones digit could be weapon. sword, mace. But we'd end up with ALL male+elf+leather+bow as 02341. While it would guarantee fewer duplicates, we have a LOT of that combination...and most of them quite popular.

The solution we are working out now is a system that will cause the page generator to show linked products - 77009, 20025, 02747 all appear any time any of them is a valid search result, including if you search for a specific part number.

You've probably thought of this, but I guess for a temporary measure you could just add part numbers as tags. For example, add tags 20025 and 02747 to 77009.

50131: Andromedan Vizier and 50136: Female Andromedan Hunter do not have the tag alien (which i guess was added later).