Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

Tagging or Name problems

This isn't specifically a tagging or nomenclature issue but on the following listing:

The P-65 ... 65082: Giant Spiders (2)

The parts option isn't linked and there's no photo. I imagine that since it's the same as the spider above, that a picture isn't absolutely necessary but I was going to send the link for the single to a friend who just wants one (1) spider.

Given the cost, I might get the pair and split it with him but figured I would point out the lack of a link to the "part".

There's the parts order for the Boneyard piece to order an individual spider.

It's a single cast with two of the same spider in the blister.

P65082A...$4.99 No need for a thumbnail or picture since it's the same spider as the parent image.

50131: Andromedan Vizier and 50136: Female Andromedan Hunter do not have the tag alien (which i guess was added later).

May I suggest the tag "princess" for

Cinderella http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cinderella/sku-down/50284

Coral, Mermaid http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mermaid/sku-down/03554

(I know she's not technically a princess, but I keep thinking princess whenever I see her)

Corrected all of these.

I have a slightly ticklish question.

I've always been interested in expanding the possibilities of gaming, getting beyond white European medieval fantasy. I really do appreciate that Reaper has pushed the boundaries with its minis.

But it's really hard to search them. There are only a handful of minis with "Asian" and "African" tags. There are quite a few labeled "Japanese," but only one "Chinese." It's especially difficult to find black minis.

And, well, it's possible this is moot, since most minis can be painted in a variety of ways.

So, would it be okay for me to organize them into a list for tags for people to search? Or is this opening a can o' worms?

If it's okay, what tags would be appropriate? "Black" is used for other things (but could be okay). "Asian" and "African" are not quite accurate for some of these figs, like Lyrie Akenja the black elf. "PoC" ("people of color") is a little stiff. The "O" word is an offensive ethnic slur for Asians. "Multicultural" is a little counterintuitive as a search term.

Like I said, ticklish, and if you'd rather I not, I understand.

• Like 1

There was a thread not too long ago looking for black figures that touched on this topic. A lot of people posited that a lot of character figures could be made to appear of a variety of ethnicities depending on the paint job. (As well as listing figures they felt fit the original request.)

On the one hand, I think that's true, why box a particular figure into or out of being part of a particular group. On the other hand, I wonder if it would be helpful for some people and if it might even promote a wider representation of different ethnicities to consider some sort of tag like that.

• Like 1

I have a slightly ticklish question.

I've always been interested in expanding the possibilities of gaming, getting beyond white European medieval fantasy. I really do appreciate that Reaper has pushed the boundaries with its minis.

But it's really hard to search them. There are only a handful of minis with "Asian" and "African" tags. There are quite a few labeled "Japanese," but only one "Chinese." It's especially difficult to find black minis.

And, well, it's possible this is moot, since most minis can be painted in a variety of ways.

So, would it be okay for me to organize them into a list for tags for people to search? Or is this opening a can o' worms?

If it's okay, what tags would be appropriate? "Black" is used for other things (but could be okay). "Asian" and "African" are not quite accurate for some of these figs, like Lyrie Akenja the black elf. "PoC" ("people of color") is a little stiff. The "O" word is an offensive ethnic slur for Asians. "Multicultural" is a little counterintuitive as a search term.

Like I said, ticklish, and if you'd rather I not, I understand.

There was a thread not too long ago looking for black figures that touched on this topic. A lot of people posited that a lot of character figures could be made to appear of a variety of ethnicities depending on the paint job. (As well as listing figures they felt fit the original request.)

On the one hand, I think that's true, why box a particular figure into or out of being part of a particular group. On the other hand, I wonder if it would be helpful for some people and if it might even promote a wider representation of different ethnicities to consider some sort of tag like that.

Our models labeled specifically for a given ethnicity are almost always stereotypes, and I do feel that any model can reasonable be painted as any ethnicity if you only try. I'd prefer not to suggest via tag that a given mini is "supposed to be" white/black/Chinese/Inuit/Maori, etc. unless it was designed to specifically be one.

77018: Skeletal Archer (3)

Have the tags: Female, Male, Monster, Undead, Sword, Naked, Shield, Melee, Skeletal, Skeleton

I would think Sword and Shield don't belong at least :)

77018: Skeletal Archer (3)

Have the tags: Female, Male, Monster, Undead, Sword, Naked, Shield, Melee, Skeletal, Skeleton

I would think Sword and Shield don't belong at least :)

and add in "Bow".