• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got both of my packages in today, L2PK 3,4,5 and the brushes and such I ordered from another company, but I think I have a problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy is supposed to have a shield is he not?

open1.jpg

I opened up all of the blisters thinking it may have been put in one of the other ones:

open2.jpg

Nope, no shield no arm. I'll shoot an email off to Reaper just in case, see what they say.

Made a start on her armor:-

gedc0389.jpg

Love how the blue turned out, metallic colours are going to show up on a lot more of my mini's (I've got some Infinity figures on order that are going to get covered in the stuff!)

The gold trim isn't going so great though, I'm making quite the mess with it plus it doesn't seem to be showing up too well.

I'm on my third coat of Antique Gold at the moment and it's still pretty patchy.

• Like 4

Sad news, Rasia is getting scrubbed down again.

Didn't drop her into my wet palette this time, I'm giving up on this Kit.

After my not very successful attempt at the gold trim on her armor, I had a stab at her chain-weapon and despite redoing it several times, its just not working.

There's something funamental about demi-metallics that I'm just not grasping, and I don't think I ever will.

After my not very successful attempt at the gold trim on her armor, I had a stab at her chain-weapon and despite redoing it several times, its just not working.

There's something funamental about demi-metallics that I'm just not grasping, and I don't think I ever will.

I thought she was looking good. Sometimes it helps to step away from a mini foe awhile (although be careful that awhile does not turn into a decade ;)). When I was painting my Ogre with purple tinted mettalics the following tutorial was recommended:

http://www.mainlymedieval.com/ozpainters/viewtopic.php?t=878

It is pretty advanced, but helps to think about TMM in a different manner. I highly recommend it.

-mike

• Like 1

It's not a easy mini by any means, Id just store the instructions for now and come back to it later, and just paint whatever you want for now. I try and do 5-10 mini's in between the kits.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was thinking about it a bit more today and I may tackle the kit again, but using a different mini.

I've got a mounted knight in (rather plain) full-plate armor in my Box of Unpainted mini's, I think he'll make a good test subject.

but I'll work on some other stuff first though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was thinking about it a bit more today and I may tackle the kit again, but using a different mini.

I've got a mounted knight in (rather plain) full-plate armor in my Box of Unpainted mini's, I think he'll make a good test subject.

but I'll work on some other stuff first though.

sounds like a good plan.

• Like 1