Favorite Tools or Accessories?

dispatchdave

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite hobby tool has to be my Paasche Millenium airbrush. Wish I could use it more.

As far as mini only tool, hmmmmmmmmm you know I'm not exactly sure. :unsure:

I have a super-cheap Paasche ($25 @ Hobby Lobby) that I use for priming and terrain. I'm just glad I finally moved it to my new workstation, and ran tubing for it. I love having a studio where there are compressed air ports all over.

Those are adorable. Where did you get them?

Micro Mark, a canister of 50 was like $16.00. Or you can actually get the same size clamps in an assortment at Lowe's or Home Depot that has more sizes for about the same amount. They also have stronger springs than the Micro Mark ones.

My Dremel stylus. Other than my brushes it is hands down the tool I use the most.

Are they significantly different from a regular dremel tool? I have a "normal(?)" dremel...

The stylus was made for crafters & hobbyists. It has a pistol grip compared to the barrel/lightsaber make of the regular dremel. I had one which I picked up at a discontinued Wallyworld price of like 20 bucks but it up & died on me years ago. i may have to see if Dremel can revive it. In the meantime I have a 4000 so it's not like I'm hurting for Dremel tools ^_^

Also anther great feature of the Stylus is no need for the flexi-shaft as the tool is really comfortable to use.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/Pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=1100

Its a little less powerful than my bigger dremels but it is lightweight and ergonomic design means I can use it for as long as the battery lasts without hand fatigue. I find it is easier than the flexishaft. And it has a really long lasting battery with no memory issues in the years of it sitting on its charger. Uses all the same Dremel bits.

• Like 1

Hmmm...I prefer my Patron Anejo to any scotch y'all might pour...

Otherwise, I love my clamps (metal ones that serve as handles for minis), and I have a set of dental picks and campers that serve for sculpting tools. And I use the beck out of my pin vise and guitar strings (e18). Perfect for tiny pinning projects!