Legend of Drizzt Boardgame WIP

badocter

After finishing Wrath of Ashardalon board game, I was so happy with the result that I wanted to do something similar for the Legend of Drizzt. Below is the starting point of the unpainted unprimed minis:

8297248018_2c60de70a6_z.jpg

First step was to wash all of them to get the mold release off (if any. The next step for some was primer, and for others was surgery. The Balor's wings were very rigid and very close to the body, which was going to make it impossible to paint well without disassembling. After removing the wings my daughter commented that it looked better without the wings.

8297248248_2557d784ed_z.jpg

I agree it looks better than the original pose, but I think the figure will look best if the wings are reattached in a more open pose which means I'm going to need to break out the green stuff.

The drider and shadow dragon have both been cliped from their bases and will be rettached on something a bit more scenic after they have been painted. I've started building up their bases with cork. The Balor will need additional base features as well....think along the lines of making some flames around the base with green stuff or sculpty.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your daughter is pretty good with a paintbrush there ::): You on the other hand... hehe just kidding :lol:

I like what you've done with the bases, it's very cool.

Though, I thought that was WotC sculpt for the purple dragon (their shadow dragon is translucent). Maybe they didn't want to use the translucent one for this game...

I was actually referring to the Shadow Dragon from Night Below http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/125816

One thing I do like about the plastic minis, despite their crappy paint jobs, is the translucents. And if it hadn't been for the crappy paint jobs on the plastic minis I probably wouldn't have started painting minis at all. So, yay for crappy paints jobs!...?

• Like 1