Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Reaper brushes

hmmm

'hammer & brushes in the shower

I can see 'Hammer's significant other--"Whatcha doin??" "Oh nothing just washing my hair & my brushes"

I'll never understand that obssesion of yours!!!!!!!! ::P:

I've had decent results with Pink Soap, but I think it's more for oil paints & such. I use Better Way Brush Cleaning Fluid for my brush cleanup, got a big bottle at Micheal's, works great gettin rid of Reaper paint traces in my brushes!!

Randy M

Hammer doesn't have a Significant Other Haldir ::D:

We're workin on that....

But yeah, that would be comical to hear!!!!

I so far ue regular dish soap, sometimes a bit of alcohol. When using natural hair brushes I will give conditioner a shot though.

I'm waiting for the sable which should ship this week. They should be in my stocking on the 25th.

cher ^_^

Is there info on the release of Reaper's sable brushes? I must have missed it and thought these were coming out in the spring with the Masters Paint line.

Thanks

clay

hmmm

'hammer & brushes in the shower

I can see 'Hammer's significant other--"Whatcha doin??" "Oh nothing just washing my hair & my brushes"

I'll never understand that obssesion of yours!!!!!!!! ::P:

Alright, I laughed so hard I almost snorted coffee through my nose.

At least I haven't tried painting while in the shower, and then compain about the humidity...

But I suppose it would be something that took Getting Used To for any prospective S.O.'s, but that goes for any of us in The Hobby.

--lstormhammer

Alright, I laughed so hard I almost snorted coffee through my nose.

At least I haven't tried painting while in the shower, and then compain about the humidity...

But I suppose it would be something that took Getting Used To for any prospective S.O.'s, but that goes for any of us in The Hobby.

I wish I could have seen that...

That HAmmer is why you pick an SO who is a gamer and a painter, because they will understand you! (Can LSH really be understood?)

That's what SD did.

Only thing is, I don't understand his musician ways. :huh:

You have to have some differences Ary, otherwise things would get dull... :;):

TBH sable brushes are extremely nice. I do use both synthetics and sables, I find that the detail 30/0 nylons are great for detail work or freehand. The are a bit stiffer which allows for more control. Do be cautious when ordering brushes online, as you can see if you go into your local art store alot of the brushes have been mistreated or carelessly placed in stock. This causes the bristles to fray. I have ordered brushes on two occasions, one the brushes were in pretty bad shape the other was perfect. I am glad to see the Reaper is providing sables as well. I can say for a fact that the Vallejo sables are a good brush as well so there are other sources other that W&N which is right proud of their brushes. (reflects in their price tag). I have a set of Maestro sables as well that seem to have a problem with the ferrel, the adhesive seems to be poor quality which causes it to detach from the shank of the brush.

Well before I invest in a set of Reaper Sables, I want to hear more about them as I keep hearing mixed stuff. For now I will stick with the brushes I get from Michaels. If any of you manage to obtain a full set of Reaper brushes, let me know how they work for you.

Well before I invest in a set of Reaper Sables, I want to hear more about them as I keep hearing mixed stuff.

just to elimate confusion, you are hearing mixed things about the nylon brushes.

the sable brushes are not publically available yet.

the few who have used them, playtested?, have not said anything negative about them.

the ship this week, look for them in stores in the next two.

cher ^_^