The Company of the Whispering Star

alchemist

I started painting this adventuring party about a year ago but they got delayed a lot by lack of time and/or motivation. So I'm really pleased to finally get these finished.

Group shot

post-1097-0-03549000-1356347348_thumb.jpg

Individual shots

3160 Krass Omenthrall, somewhat modified

post-1097-0-64211000-1356347426_thumb.jpg

60005 Arael

post-1097-0-49010300-1356347451_thumb.jpg

2810 Hyrekia

post-1097-0-72999400-1356347484_thumb.jpg

3286 Karl Oakbriar

post-1097-0-91796000-1356347515_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I very much appreciate the german coat of arms, but Krass's looks familiar. Does he by any chance possess a chariot with the power of many horses but drawn by none which was made by the wizards who think it is more fashionable to end with an "i" than to begin with one?

He has at least one weakness. He lacks the ability to see objects protected by the seal of "Sir Vol Wassen of the Affordable Armour"

hubcap1.jpg

XD

Edited by badocter
  • Like 2

There is a WONDERFUL feeling of release whenever any long standing Project gets completed...at least that's been my experience. When the Project turns out this BEAUTIFUL the feeling must be incredible.

CONGRATULATIONS! The time you put in was well spent. The Crew are FANTASTICALLY WELL DONE!

Very nice. I very much appreciate the german coat of arms, but Krass's looks familiar. Does he by any chance possess a chariot with the power of many horses but drawn by none which was made by the wizards who think it is more fashionable to end with an "i" than to begin with one?

Actually I just plucked a design out of thin air as something simple to paint for a doofus like me who can't paint freehand to save his life.

Actually I just plucked a design out of thin air as something simple to paint for a doofus like me who can't paint freehand to save his life.

Well it looks very good. Got me considering using that design sometime in the future.

Love the bright, vibrant colors and the skin tones! Are you priming white? I wouldn't imagine black priming would give that kind of brilliant coloring, but I've been wrong before...

Thanks. Yes, I nearly always prime white. Strangely I often find myself worrying that my colours are not bright enough.

In this instance the figures for Arael and Hyrekia in particular are meant to represent a couple of quite flamboyant characters, so they ended up brighter than I might normally have painted them.