Total Nerd Gifts ... What'd You Get?

Thrym

Just got home from Christmas with the fiancee's family.

Her sister hooked me up with the T.A.R.D.I.S.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108048511179156444489/posts/SX3Y6YjTAve

That's right, it lights up and plays the sound. It's a 4-Port USB 2.0.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9223/?cj=true&cpg=cj&ref&CJURL&CJID=1909525

BOOYAH!

What interesting NERD Gift did you get?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well aside from Season 2 of Castle on DVD and Flash Gordon on Blue Ray my 1 nerd/geek gift that isn't self purchased was my Boost speakers.

http://www.zagg.com/ifrogz/accessories/boost-external-speaker-audio-smartphone

Love these, they are going to be a great resource at work both as a source of sound for playing music etc but also as a conversation starter for kids. (Work = High School Teacher)

My wife and I exchanged gifts tonight and she got me a whole box of Reaper stuff :wub::wub: her! Got some $$ from the fam so yup more figures are going to be on the way and the main event sn't even until tomorrow! And this doesn't count the two Jack Sparrow figures and the Gandalf figure I bought myself or the three 1/16th scale historical figures I got from the in-laws!

BTW THRYM a light up TARDIS?! You suck! :lol:

Edited by captenglish

I love the hub TARDIS! I got one for my girlfriend (she was the one who got me addicted to Doctor Who) a few years back.

My geek haul was slim. We have 5 kids, so it's not exactly super-deluxe Christmas spending on ourselves. She did get me a lovely leatherbound copy of The Hobbit, some Vallejo paints, permission to spend $60 on the FRPgames sale and some fun Steam games (The Walking Dead, KOTOR 2, Of Orcs and Men!)

• Like 1

I gave my husband 100 plastic 1 inch slot bases and a Tomb Kings skeleton army for Warhammer fantasy.

My mother gave me one of the plastic organizers with about 60 small drawers I really wanted for my upcoming "create a workspace" project. Also a headlamp with a magnifier, and a GREAT 21 piece mini drill set.

Brother in law & his GF gave me a variety of minis from the sale bin, so random stuff such as a three piece dwarf miner blister and some other GW Warhammer minis. Husband also got me a really cool undead bat swarm from there. None of it was reaper, but they are pretty nice minis and I got a lot more than I would have otherwise since we set a monetary limit.

Husband also gave me a new 7 pc. Chessex dice set, a really nifty "water pot" that looks like it would be really difficult to accidentally knock over, and 30 bucks to spend where I like. Some of it I threw over at the FRP sale, and I'm going to get another order from Reaper here shortly.

Mother in law gave me 2 other plastic drawer organizers (different from the one my Mom gave me) also to be applied towards my paint room set up and Bones storage facility.

Plus I got myself a http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/storm%20steed/sku-down/03124 when I ordered his bases so I could take advantage of the 12 days sale, in which Reaper kindly gave me a free Echidnox!

Edited by Matbar
  • Like 1

• Members

My sports geek got an Ohio state football autographed by two members of our national championship team, an OSU lawn gnome and a perpetual calendar.

My cooking geek got several new cutting boards, cooking utensils and other implements

And I got the 2013 Think Geek - Despair Inc Calendar.

Let's see...I got Dreadball and Sedition Wars and Bombshell Neutron and Ed Fortae's haul and Tre's haul, and Jody's haul and KD:M and Low Life Croach and a nice Brom art book and BONES and the next 8 months of Reaper releases....

Oh, did you mean what did other people give us? About 4 hours now :)

edit - actually my aunt gave me a 50% off coupon for a local cookware outlet...who was having a 75% clearance. So I spent about $250 to get all new dishes, tons of utensils, pots and pans, serving dishes, knife set, etc. Around $2k worth of stuff...can't wait to tell her she "spent" $1750 on me for xmas...

Edited by CashWiley

lava lamp (been wanting one of those)

a sheep & chicken for Farmville (+ bonus Farm cash!!)

Bilbo & Gollum Lego set

Star Wars Angry Bird poster (resembles the SE new Hope poster done by Drew Stuzan)

+ I gave myself a big order from FRPGames & of course the Reaper Christmas sale.

• Like 1