Gaming at reapercon?

• Reaper User

Cool stuff is in the works. Unless something changes, I won't be running Savage Worlds this year but there will be lots of Pathfinder adventures set in Reaper's world of Dark Heaven Legends. I'm also planning to run official Hollow Earth Expedition adventures as I'm one of Exile's Expedition Leaders and a few other games may come along for the ride.

Stay tuned!

>>ReaperWolf

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

I anticipate running 6-8 hours per day taking a break during the auction/awards.

Like last year I'll run an artists' game after hours which was well received so I anticipate doing so again.

I'll probably have FATE powered Starblazer Adventures and Legends of Anglerre with me alongside Hollow Earth Expedition, Barbarians of Lemuria, maybe Atomic Highway and whatever else tickles my fancy and I can fit into my luggage.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 2

The games were fantastic last year at ReaperCon. I was lucky enough to play in a number of ReaperWolf RPGs. If you are a fan of character driven game sessions where the dice are basically used as improv artist would take suggestions from the audience, this is definitely your game.

Castlebuilder and his gang also ran a number of tabletop skirmish games/dungeon crawls using modified Warlord rules. His tables looked amazing and the guys really know how to keep people engaged in a gaming session.

Haldir's Pathfinder game was also excellent and reminded me of my old RPGA days when excellent GMs would run you through a one off at conventions.

Last, but certainly not least, Jason ran an amazing Warlord tournament. Normally I shy away from these events because I don't enjoy situations where people are draconic about the rules and develop "killer" lists. However, this wasn't the case at all. I met a lot of great people playing these games and had a great time. To top it off, the tables that we had the opportunity to play on were AMAZING! If we are lucky enought to have the same quality tables built this year, I have one suggestion - make sure to look in every nook and cranny in the table design. Jason (and whoever else helped) took a lot of pride in adding detail to the tables. So much that they added little surprises in the dark corners. Just fantastic!

I'm sure that there were other great games going on as well but these are the only ones I can personally vouch for.

I can't wait to see what comes up this year.

• Reaper User

The games were fantastic last year at ReaperCon. I was lucky enough to play in a number of ReaperWolf RPGs. If you are a fan of character driven game sessions where the dice are basically used as improv artist would take suggestions from the audience, this is definitely your game.

You're very kind. Gonna be a great con.

• Reaper User

From a GM's perspective, we had a huge number of very enthusiastic and fun players last year. Had a lot of amazing table experiences and some genuine thrills as the players explored my material. Great times and I look forward to more of the same this year.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 1

I apologize- I have left a lot of people without answers for the last few weeks. Our first shipment of Foam for the cases related to the Kickstarter has arrived, our first shipment of actual Bones is on the water, and I'm in charge of both the Gaming Events at ReaperCon and the logistic of that project from a shipping and fulfillment perspective. I've been a little busy.

I promise I will keep things moving, but it may be a few more weeks before I have tentative replies for those who have contacted me regarding game space.

To save time: BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE in your inquiries to me. I need to know:

1. which days you are available to run, so I don't drop you on a Sunday table when you fly home Saturday night. Beyond that, any time slots that are out because of other conflicts (classes, a hot date, etc.)
  2. How Many tables you need PER TIME SLOT (Assume 2 hour blocks, yes, you can ask for 4 and/or 6 hours). That is, if you need 2 hour hour tables at the same time, I need to know that.
  3. How many players per table per event (I will assume one GM seat per table for RPGs and one "Judge" per Board Game)
  4. The name of the event, the system, and other relevant game details (ex: "Curse of the Riven Sky", Pathfinder RPG, 5 Players, Pre-Gens Provided)

In the coming weeks I'll compile all of the responses in my inbox and notify you if I don't have space for requested spaces.

One of the things that peeves me the most is "I need a table, anytime is fine". Request a time, please. I have an inbox full of "anytimes", and with that I have no good place to start, so nobody gets slotted at all.

Edited by ladystorm
spelling corrections

Cool stuff is in the works. Unless something changes, I won't be running Savage Worlds this year but there will be lots of Pathfinder adventures set in Reaper's world of Dark Heaven Legends. I'm also planning to run official Hollow Earth Expedition adventures as I'm one of Exile's Expedition Leaders and a few other games may come along for the ride.

Stay tuned!

>>ReaperWolf

I cannot wait!! I have been looking forward to this since last Reapercon.

So I'm gonna run a Sword & Wizardry game at RCon this year. I will be using the Complete Ruleset (like what was offered in the Kickstarter) & my plan is to run one of the older TSR modules but I'm having a hard time deciding on which one to use. I'd like it to be in the 5-9 level range. Any suggestions?