Gaming at reapercon?

charcon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I'm starting to get revved up for ReaperCon. We will be running PFS rounds all con long. We also will be running a few Sanctioned Modules, they will run most of the day and count for 3 normal rounds played, so if you wanna make some levels bang! I will post later for more details. I also would like to say thanks for the kind words said by our players. We enjoy you guys and look forward to it every year.

• Like 1

Now that we are closer to ReaperCon I can confirm that I will be running Descent 2E with 1E characters (most likely a custom quickie campaign) after hours in my room at the HGI. If anyone is interested in playing, please shoot me a PM and I will reserve you a spot.

Time to reveal the names of the adventures I plan to run at RCon this year

Again, both will be non-society so anyone can just jump in & play for a few hours

Feast of Ravenmoor

Written by Brandon Hodge

(as quoted off of paizo.com)

"An adventure for 3rd-level characters

For decades, the tiny village of Ravenmoor has existed quietly on the upper reaches of the Lampblack River, far from the centers of civilization in Varisia. Linked to the outside world only by an overgrown, mostly forgotten trail, the villagers are comfortable with their isolation. Their ways are humble, quaint, and at times odd, and when travelers come, they find the town awkward and unmemorable. Certainly, the lack of a village inn, the oppressive humidity, and the bug-infested moors and swamps that surround the village do little to encourage visitors. When a clerk in the city of Magnimar discovers that, due to a clerical error, the village of Ravenmoor hasn’t paid taxes in years, a tax collector is sent to the distant community to settle accounts with its mayor. When the tax collector fails to return, however, a group of adventurers must travel to the town during its Founders’ Feast celebration to investigate his disappearance. Did he really make off with the taxes for himself, as the villagers suspect? Or did he never make it out of Ravenmoor at all?"

& now I was gonna run a Sword & Wizardry game & I still might but for now it's anther Pathfinder game as I've always wanted to run this adventure from Rise of Runelords Adventure Path............

Rise of the Runelords #3: The Hook Mtn Massacre

"Chapter 3: "The Hook Mountain Massacre"

by Nicolas Logue

The third installment of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path begins with a desperate call for aid from Hook Mountain. A tribe of ogres has slaughtered the garrison of a small keep, including the famous retired war hero stationed there. The few surviving rangers need the heroes to help them retake the key fortification back. Once the ogres are driven off, the PCs are awarded stewardship of the keep. Yet as the heroes begin the task of repairing and expanding their new stronghold, a sinister force grows in the surrounding wilderness.

What ties did the slaughtered commander have to these vengeful ghosts, and what terrible secrets do the ogres of Hook Mountain hide? Are the rumors of an army of giants massing for war in fact true?

For characters of 7th to 9th level."

Of course the adventures will be abridged to fit in the time slots.

Looking forward to gaming with my fellow Reaper-ites!!

RM

• Like 1

Really Haldir,

Feast of Ravenmoor, likewise will be ran as a PFS module.

I'm not gonna run it as a PFS adventure. PFS for me is worthless as I don't have a local gaming club for it. Granted there are guys over in Boise, but that is a 2 hour round trip that I really don't want to do + with my work schedule it wouldn't work anyways. I did find out that one of the freelance game designers lives here in Ontario. (odd, yes I know) & I'm hoping to get in some rpging with him some day, but again no central place for gamers to congregate, thus it makes it hard to find anyone else to get a group together.

Again not a knock on PFS, I'm just opening my couple of games up. Show up, grab a pregen, play for a few hours & hopefully have a good time & be done with the character.

Girot

I'll have pregens but if you have a character idea, shoot me a PM & I'll try & make something similar to it. Also the rpgs are open to anyone, just show up.

• Like 1

For the record all of my events will feature pregenerated player characters and I'll provide all materials, rules will be taught as we play.

>>ReaperWolf

Can I safely assume I'll be allowed to use my own dice? I can be a wee bit superstitious about my dice.