Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Painting Resolutions

Me, too. Not sure I'll hit that goal in 2013, but the whole monotone/desaturated thing is something I really like.

My long-term goal is to be more along the lines of Frazetta or Brom and less of whatever is trending in mini painting.

• Like 1

It makes me laugh when people talk about painting one mini a week. I'll be lucky if I get one mini painted next year.

I might as well just throw my painting stuff away.

Ishil

• Like 1

1356831252[/url] It makes me laugh when people talk about painting one mini a week. I'll be lucky if I get one mini painted next year.

Well... It would free up storage space for more unpainted minis. :;):

Edited by Darsc Zacal

It makes me laugh when people talk about painting one mini a week. I'll be lucky if I get one mini painted next year.

Ishil

I know, we could start a support group, call it Miniatures Anonymous (MA). Hi, I'm dwarvenranger and I have waaay too many unpainted minis as well as faaar too little motivation to get them painted, sigh.

har har har SB.

Do not despair oh my brothers and sisters, for I have gone for up to two years without painting a miniature! Calculate the averages on that!

Normally when I do get going I do ten to twenty in a week, but that's because I usually do armies. And by armies, I mean I have... lessee... 5... and none are finished. Although one I can field without showing metal, if I have to. Which I don't.

har har har SB.

Do not despair oh my brothers and sisters, for I have gone for up to two years without painting a miniature! Calculate the averages on that!

Normally when I do get going I do ten to twenty in a week, but that's because I usually do armies. And by armies, I mean I have... lessee... 5... and none are finished. Although one I can field without showing metal, if I have to. Which I don't.

It's like I'm looking into a mirror.

• Like 1

Finish my graveyard, finish holiday dioramas before next december, paint the wife minis i've had qued up for over a year, and paint the other stuff i've had qued up for friends. That should about do it.

I was a bit depressed when I wrote that. Maybe things won't be as bad as that next year.

Ishil

Edited by Ishil

I was a bit depressed when I wrote that. Maybe things won't be as bad as that next year.

Ishil

I hope they do get better. Sometimes it seems like life enjoys kicking us while we're down. That's why I am hanging around this place so much. People are nice, and I can use more of that.

1. Try and keep up my current painting pace (or at least something close). At the moment, I am painting about 4-6 miniatures a week. My current painting queue is almost cleared out. I only have 8 more miniatures left unpainted until I get my next KS shipment in.

2. Finish my first de-saturated mini painting project.

3. Get more Reaper and Vallejo paints.

4. Buy 1 W&N series 7 brush.

5. Finish the wet palette I started making and use it!

• Like 1