Winter 2013 Figure Exchange

recruittons

sent my mini today. hope my recipiant likes it. I will post photos once receipt is confirmed. Comments and critique is welcomed. First time in an exchange and having my work in someone else's hand. Really enjoyed participating!!

Dusty, it's huge! Really nice job all around. Great base, great detail work on the weapons, excellent color choices. Love it, and now I want to paint a couple smaller sharks to be his posse. Thanks so much!

• Like 2

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you liked it...I tried to get it to look like a Great White, which turned out harder than expected. The base was actually the first time I used a realistic water product. Went for a sandbar look.

I'll try to post some photos but it was also mu first time using my light box so likely your photos are better.

• Like 2

Cash, sorry if it got a little glossy. I was out of testor dullcoat...plus a little cold out to spray, so used Army Painter anti-shine brush on but still

thought it glossed up a bit. used gloss varnish on the mouth,teeth, claws and eyes, so they would stand out but now with a little glossy

result on the anti-shine, they don't stand out as much. :wacko:

• Like 1

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday, and I started work on it this morning. Here's my current WIP:

I think it's coming along very well, don't you?

the box you used to hold your paints in pictured in this post is the same one i keep my paints in i looked for a couple weeks to find something at the right dimensions and this one works great

• Like 1

the box you used to hold your paints in pictured in this post is the same one i keep my paints in i looked for a couple weeks to find something at the right dimensions and this one works great

I purchased it based on recommendations made on this forum. The size isn't perfect, but it's much cheaper than most other art boxes.

• Like 1