Winter 2013 Figure Exchange

recruittons

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nearly finished (early baby = lots of reshuffling of time). I'm regretting my attempt at a homemade base, and the sealer seamed to wash out a lot of my color contrasts (and took off some of the paint, which I had to repair!). I don't know if it represents my best work, but at least they'll get something in the next week or so. Also, my camera that I was using died (part of my tablet, this is the 3rd time I'll be sending it to the company for repairs), so I haven't properly documented anything. Worst case scenario, I won't be offended if they chuck the base and repaint the whole thing.

Apparently, I'm full of whine today!

• Like 1

Recipient let me know he got it via email, so here's a http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47747-03638-orson-lugrum-evil-wizard-winter-exchange/'>link to the Show-Off!

Savvy people may have seen him in Inspiration Gallery, I snuck him in there a couple weeks back...

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

Mini painted? Check.

Base done? Simple, but check.

Dullcote? Later today.

Shipping out? Monday.

I ike this piece. I am slightly impressed by the fact that I used four colors and three inks to finish this piece. I think it may be the least amont of colors (lots of tones/gradations by mixing three of the four primaries, one color used once on the eyes) I've used on a single mini. I can post what colors I used, but my recipient may not want to know yet.... Also, my camera is AWOL, so no pictures 'til he gets it (unless the camera turns up in the next day or two).

This may have been the most difficult to finish piece I have worked on as well. Between kidney stones and a huge bout of ennui/lack of caring it almost didn't get done. And the first one I tried went all to hell on me. Still, I'm done, and I really like it. Funny how things work out that way.

I may pass on the next Exchange (even though I love getting min's). I'm slightly worried about burnout. I'mma go play with my HA bricks and see if I can regain some painting initiative.

-Dave

• Like 2

I'm always surprised by my kidney stones. I don't know if I have a high pain tolerance (likely) or if I just have weak kidney stones. It's worst when they're leaving my kidneys (back and side), but hardly hurt at all when... ah... exiting.

Still, the hydrocodone helps, and I needed to see a urologist anyway. xD

On another note, is your idea for monochrome (e.g. black & white, sepia tones, etc)? I like it, and may have to participate anyway if that is the case. I really want to try sepia.

-Dave

• Like 1

On another note, is your idea for monochrome (e.g. black & white, sepia tones, etc)? I like it, and may have to participate anyway if that is the case. I really want to try sepia.

-Dave

Actually, no (but that would make for a really fun theme some time!). It was even more weird-train-of-thought-y than that. I was thinking of calling it the "Spring Cleaning Exchange!" and making it a painting optional exchange, but you have to throw in something from your shelf/drawer of shame or from your painting desk!

Yeah, I was thinking that anything painted has to be Reaper, but whatever else you put in is fair game. If the sender chooses not to paint then there must be at least 50% Reaper models included (these are all loosely thought out. Things will be more solid and clear in the officlal post :;):). However, 100% open after that!

• Like 1