Winter 2013 Figure Exchange

recruittons

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, after breaking my pin vise bit off in the mini, not once, but twice, and then snapping off the tip of the exacto nice trying to extract said bits.... This mini is going to the Shelf-o'-Shame. Really nice paint job, but pinning the hand on is killing me.

Time to find a new mini. Le sigh.

-Dave

I put a drill bit into my index finger while trying to pin not-Ororo. And broke it off there. They're sooo tiny.

I'm liking this in the most commiserating way possible, not in the "Haha, you hurt yourself" kind of way.... xD

I was cutting pinning rod with wire cutters when the damn pin went into my index finger. I didn't notice I was injured until I saw blood on the model.

• Like 1

My worst painting wound came when I was cleaning up a mold line. The line was buried in a recess and I was having trouble getting a tool in there to get rid of it. I have an X-Acto blade that has a concave sharpened edge, so I thought that might be the right choice to reach back and do the cleaning.

It turns out that those blades have a real tendency to spin in the handle when you start putting pressure on them at an angle. This one did and jumped out of the recess. Fortunately*, it ended up in my finger instead of something that wouldn't heal (eventually) by itself. Blood everywhere, of course.

* Ill fortune is still fortune. <_<