Paper/cheap terrain for CAV

NickT

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, see, this is an example of one of those threads that was useful.

The sarna.net link is an excellent repository. The models were the buildings from the Mechwarrior games and scaled to 1:160 for the Mechwarrior clix game. I have used a number of their buildings. Heck, they even survived a couple of cross-country moves.

There are some model railroad buildings out there that can be useful, but tend to be pricey. The biggest problem is usually that most model railroad building kits are very decidedly stuck in the 1950s. There are some Japanese N-Scale (1:150) kits that are more modern in appearance, but again, somewhat pricey.

Something I did recently was to use the brown paper boxes from Hobby Lobby, glue the lid upside down to the bottom of box and add a few details from the bitz box. Worked surprisingly well.

198293_4670299649523_1128615098_n.jpg

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 2

What is that black item in the right hand part of the background? There is a blue pen behind it. It sorta looks like a bunker...

Vacuum-molded packaging from something we got at Sam's Club that's waiting to be painted. Blister packing like that can be invaluable, provided it's thick enough. Sometimes I think about getting a couple cans of expanding foam to give them a little heft.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 2

The hawk wargames ones can be bought preprinted and pre cut at a very reasonable price. I think it is 30 UK pounds for road tiles for a 4x6 board and a lot of buildings to go with that. And importantly, it stores flat when not in use.

Yeah I realize it's an old thread, but I just got the dropzone commander buildings and they are an excellent product so I remebered this thread and wanted to share.

Edited by vejlin