Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

More X-Wing Fun

Don't have it with me at the moment and can't get to my blog from work, but it's a pretty good size, and prepainted, and comes with a fair amount of other materials. Detail on it is good as well.

Yeah, just had a chance to play with my daughter this afternoon, and she is now absolutely bonkers hooked and is begging me to get more ships so we can have bigger fights!  I already had a bunch, but she wants more.

• Like 2

Yeah, just had a chance to play with my daughter this afternoon, and she is now absolutely bonkers hooked and is begging me to get more ships so we can have bigger fights!  I already had a bunch, but she wants more.

I see capitol ships in your future! Great to hear she is having a blast playing.

The new Scum and Villainy sets should be available next week. Buy at least 1 of the new Y-Wing/Z-95 double-packs. It comes with cards that will allow you to upgrade your Rebel Y's and Z's as well as the S&V versions, as well as S&V versions of pilot cards for the Fire Spray. (New versions of Fett and Scarlett, plus 1 all-new unique Fire Spray pilot and 1 new generic pilot.)

WOW that looks like fun, thank you for posting! I will have to see if anyone in my area is playing (Birmingham, AL). Really enjoyed reading the turn-by-turn of the game.

Just had my arse handed to me by my daughter this weekend.  In the first turn of actual combat she managed to nuke my 2 TIE Interceptors with a brutal combination of focused fire and awesome dice.  And then she proceeded to dog me into oblivion.  I never even had a chance to take out a single one of her ships.  Although I had Wedge on his last Hull point before she remembered to start Green Maneuvering with R2.  And Luke managed to Evade and Focus his arse out of the fire for almost the entire game, also on a single Hull point.  Meanwhile, every Critical Hit I took managed to be the Hull Damage 2 pointers.  Favorite part was that she remembered to pay attention to her pilot abilities and upgrades and remembered the rules so she didn't need a single bit of reminders to curb stomp me.  She also built her force by herself this game too.

Makes a dad proud.

• Like 6

Go Wedge!!!

Some games are just like that Qwyk. Right before Worlds I played a game against our group's top player. He was running the Six Sigma list if you're familiar with that (Echo + 2 Sigma Phantoms if you're not) and he decided to get aggressive and kill my Y before it's Ion Turret could do any damage. I rolled like a champ and smoked one of his Sigmas with my first two attacks, then the Y ionized Echo, so he just conceded. 

And I feel your pain on R2. I think I posted this way, way back in this thread, but I played that same guy a year or so ago and must have done 12-14 points of damage to Dutch + R2 and he kept healing him up. :lol:

Yeah, my daughter ran The Falcon with Chewie piloting, Wedge with R2D2, Luke, Dutch and Tycho.  We've got a really big table to play on - 3.5 x 8 so we've found 150 points to be a fun spot for us.  I've played a couple games with her using upgrades and modifications, and she's realizing how helpful those can be now.  Not sure if we're going to see games creep up to 175-200, or if she's just going to drop a ship and gear up.

Have her PM me and I'll tell her how to pimp out Han with those 50 pts. :poke:

Edited by Chrome
  • Like 1

Well, the Episode 7 Starter box is now available - limited, with wider release later this month.

Two 'new' TIE fighters (don't know if they're just repaints or a new sculpt 'TIE/fo') and a new X-Wing ('T-70', new model), and all the other Starter box fixin's.

Also, Wave 7 (I haven't kept up with the game for months...):

"X-Wingâ„¢ Wave VII is here!

The Hound's Tooth Expansion Pack, Kihraxz Fighter Expansion Pack, K-wing Expansion Pack, and TIE Punisher Expansion Pack are now available at U.S. retailers. Availability may vary in other regions.

Prepare for battlefields littered with Cluster Mines , Black Sun Aces , and massive explosions. Rely upon heavy shielding and reinforced hull plating to see you successfully through your bombing run, SLAM past enemy fighters, or launch devastating volleys of Plasma Torpedoes to obliterate your foes. Wave VII offers each of the game's three factions access to new ships, pilots, and upgrades. Incorporate them into your fleet and use any means necessary to lead your squad to victory!"

Wave VIII looks to be Star Wars: Rebels based.

I wonder if the Episode 7 ships and cards will be allowed for regular play, or if they will be starting a whole new game.

While not X-wing I did see some "miniatures" at Waldoworld today in regards to the Force Friday stuff. I may have to pick up the pack with the orange & black X-Wing. Thou I may just end up getting that version as a X-wing mini just to have.

Wave VIII looks to be Star Wars: Rebels based.

I wonder if the Episode 7 ships and cards will be allowed for regular play, or if they will be starting a whole new game.

The article I read said they were fully compatible and you could mix and match.