OK. Picked up two core sets today. I got them at Target and they were willing to match Amazon's price so it was $29.65 a piece. You've all sucked me in. Time to put more stuff on ebay.

Does Target have a price match policy that I could point to? How did you get them to match? ... not that I'm going to buy any of these...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pics of the next additions

SWX_ShipsHeader.png

BTW, I can't wait to get my hands on those B-Wings!

I'm not so thrilled about the HWK tho. The Rebels already have plenty of support, so I don't see this ship adding tons of new tricks. It just looks like the same abilities as other Rebel ships, just with a longer range. I would have been much happier if they'd given the Imps the shuttle to give them some of the Reb's support abilities, and then given the Rebels a cheap Z-95 Headhunter so that they could run swarms like the Imps.

Edited by Chrome

Thanks for the heads up on the price match guys!

Chrome, I'm such a nut for B-Wings.. those may be what pushes me over the edge. Has anyone said what the in game purpose of the 'bomber' class ships will be? Are they planning some straffing runs at some unannounced terrain features or something?

The Firespray (Slave I) already has a "bomb" slot. It comes with 2 different cards to fill that slot. They're all templates that are placed behind the Firespray and stay there until they're triggered. When they're dropped and how they're triggered differs for each bomb.

The first two pics are the mines that come w/the Firespray. The 3rd one is the reference card that's supposed to come w/the TIE Bomber.

seismic-charges.pngproximity-mines.pngbomb-tokens.png

Edited by Chrome

The Firespray (Slave I) already has a "bomb" slot. It comes with 2 different cards to fill that slot. They're all templates that are placed behind the Firespray and stay there until they're triggered. When they're dropped and how they're triggered differs for each bomb.

The first two pics are the mines that come w/the Firespray. The 3rd one is the reference card that's supposed to come w/the TIE Bomber.

seismic-charges.pngproximity-mines.pngbomb-tokens.png

I see. These sound more like mines than bombs though. I evisioning a target that must be approached and have the bombs "dropped" on. Come to think of it, bombs wouldn't work in space, no gravity. I guess all bombers of the truest since would be torpedo ships?

I guess all bombers of the truest since would be torpedo ships?

That's basically what the TIE Bomber is. It can carry 2 missiles, 2 torpedoes, and 1 mine. The B-Wing can carry 2 torps and a Heavy Cannon. I've never been big on carrying multiple missiles/torps tho, b/c most ships don't last long enough to ever fire more than one. Any opponent worth his salt is going to focus on any ship carrying 2+ missiles to make sure it goes down before it can fire them both. And since you're paying 4-5 pts per missile, its just too expensive to risk.

I mean to fully outfit one of those TIE Bombers would cost at least 19 extra points. I'd rather take an Academy Pilot TIE Fighter for 18 pts, b/c there's no way 1 ship is going to last long enough to unload all of those munitions. I'd say that you're just wasting 15 pts on stuff you'd never get to use.

Well my Han Solo build didn't work out so well last night. Well to be honest it was OK, just not as awesome as I'd hoped it would be. I'm sure that I could tweak it some to make it work better, but I'm just not sure that I like it better than my normal Chewie squadron. I went 1-1 over a pair of games. My first game was against the #1 ranked player in the league, which I actually won. Then I played a rematch vs a guy I'd beat in week 2 and lost. Both games showed how this game can really swing either way based on die rolls and movement. They'll also give you new guys an idea of how customizable this game can be, despite the seemingly small number of models.

The first game I played my elf off. My opponent ran Rebels too: Luke with several upgrades, 2 rookie X-Wings, and an A-Wing with some missile. On turn 2 his A-Wing's missile obliterated one of my A-Wings, putting me in the hole right off the bat. The next few turns were a real dog-fight... it was actually pretty cool. We both did a really good job of putting our ships in spots where the other guy couldn't focus all of his firepower on a single ship. He did manage to put several points of damage on Han, but I had the Chewie crew member card in my pocket, waiting to be used. I can discard that card after taking damage to ignore the point of damage and actually gain 1 shield back. I was saving it to use against a Crit, but he never scored one. On my end, I took whatever shots were available to me, and while I didn't kill any of his ships, I did take out all of the shields on each of his X-Wings.

Then I pulled out the 3 most amazing turns I've ever seen in an X-Wing game. For two turns in a row, I maneuvered my ships to where he couldn't take a single shot. On the first turn my A-Wing got behind an X-Wing and killed it, while Han put a pt of dmg on Luke. On turn 2, my A-Wing took out his A-Wing's 2 shields and Han killed the other X-Wing. On turn 3, he finally got his ships lined up for shots on mine, but Han shot down Luke before Luke got his turn to shoot. Then my A-Wing finished off his A-Wing on a lucky point blank roll.

For the second game, I removed the Engine Upgrade (4pts) from the Falcon and gave one of my A-Wings a 4pt missile. That turned out to be a waste b/c I mis-guessed my opponent's move and bumped my target instead of ending up behind him. I did put myself right in front of his TIE Interceptor tho, who immediately shot me down, missile and all. Then for two turns in a row we sat in a huge traffic jam between some asteroids and my game was over. I couldn't maneuver the Falcon in those confines and kept bumping other ships, which means I couldn't perform actions w/my ship. W/out Marksmanship adjusting my attack dice I couldn't get any hits. By the time I finally broke free it was too late. He ended up destroying all 3 of my ships and all I managed to do was kill one measly 13 pt TIE Fighter. ::(:

I hate you guys.

So, I skipped on the $10 savings and picked up the game retail at my FLGS. They were brave enough to open a nice comics/sci-fi/games shop in my area and I'd like to keep them in business.

After looking around online, it seemed the X-wing and Tie Fighter are almost as much as the Falcon and Firespray. I guess they (the manufacturer) are out of those models? They will release more, but in the meantime those two seem to be going for $25+ dollars! I'm sure they'll re-release them when they bring out the B-Wing and stuff, that way I have more to (want to) buy all at once.

I did pick up the Falcon (who the hell wouldn't???) and a Tie Advanced (can't say no to Vader). Now I just need someone to play with...

We played on tuesday night..2 on 2 teams..tho I'm still keeping it really basic at this point and just got them to get use to equipment upgrade cards ( its only the third time we've played at the one club ..which the older guys just don't seem all that interested in playing anything other then historical stuff.)

I'm hoping to start playing more at Black Knight which is a store/club combo with a much more diverse crowd of people.

After looking around online, it seemed the X-wing and Tie Fighter are almost as much as the Falcon and Firespray. I guess they (the manufacturer) are out of those models?

That's just price gouging. The A-Wing and TIE Interceptors have been incredibly hard to find, but I've yet to see any store out of stock of basic TIEs and X-Wings. The store my league is at just restocked this past week and had at least 6 TIEs and 6 X-Wings in stock on Tues. If none of the FLGS's around you have them, go check your nearest Barnes and Nobles. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/x-wing-expansion?store=allproducts&keyword=x-wing+expansion (FYI, bn.com says the X-Wing is out of stock, but the "find at a nearby store" tool shows them in stock at both of my local B&N's.

So how do you feel about the A-wings?

Too early to say. All they really did in my two games were provide distractions to give Han a couple of turns where he wasn't the primary target. With only 2 Attack, they don't have as much punch as I'm used to, since I'm usually flying X-Wings or the Falcon.

I do think that as soon as I can buy 2 more of them that I'm going to build myself a missile-boat squadron and try it out. 4x Green Squadron A-Wing, each with Deadeye and 1 missile of some kind. Probably Assault or Cluster missiles, depending on what my opponent is running.

Chrome,

Good idea with the Barnes and Noble search. None too close, but I might be willing to drive a bit out of the way. At the store near me they said they couldn't keep the X-wing and Tie in stock and now can't get a restock for the moment. They did have two A-Wings and a Tie Interceptor though. Maybe what's popular is partially geographic?

Thanks for the expert advice all around. I have one other question. Do you know if the upcoming Lambda shuttle will be similar to the refit gun boat shuttle from the old pc games? Have they said what weapons loadouts might be on it?

I've had pretty good luck with a build with Chewbacca and Lando each in their own ship. (Chewy gets the Falcon, Lando in a generic YT-1300). 360 targeting and five shields/eight hull for each ship is tough to beat.