Where'd your forum name come from?

Argentee

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first mage I made and really enjoyed playing as well. She is also one of two humans I have ever willingly made. Her name used to be unique enough that it was never taken on forums. As opposed to the name of my other favorite character, Rose.

Flamehawke is usually described as beautiful, fiery-red hair, emerald eyes, and lightly tanned skin.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, there are TWO explanations and both are viable answers. 

1. We actually used to grow squash and cantaloupes. Nothing extreme but we always grew enough that we'd share with the neighbors and what not. 

2. Somewhat because of this, and freakish genetics, I was always teased for eh...how well we grew melons in our family. There was irony there that adults and kids just could not resist. For a very long time I hated myself, anything and everything related and I let it get me down pretty bad. Had a reduction and I was slowly able to learn to love myself and our tiny garden. Since then, though it's probably weird, I embrace who I was then and who I am now. I'm not ashamed of young me's reaction or  what she went through because I wouldn't be who I am now. So, I embraced it. 

So yeah, it can be in reference to what we grew in our garden or embracing something that i once hated. 

• Like 8

<<<MOD>>>

Threads merged.

Did you splice the old thread into the middle of the new one? The date ordering is... odd.

I see the posts appear in order of original posted dates which is as it should be. When you're looking at the dates are you looking at the year too?

<<<MOD>>>

Threads merged.

Did you splice the old thread into the middle of the new one? The date ordering is... odd.

Merging is an automated process that should integrate the w threads purely by time/datestamp.  It's literally a button click on our part.  I promise Darsc did nothing unusual.

Way back when I first joined the interwebs, a usename was needed for my isp and email address, so I strung together some work related words and the rest is history.

Blue for my work uniform at the time, and sabre was the callsign of our response vehicles, so bluesabre it was to be.

That was 17 years ago...

• Like 1

Didn't we do this already?

But I did not.

Darkmeer is the login I used back in 1996 when I first logged into AoL.  At that point it was either Kaganese (the name I used for MUD's) or Darkmeer.  Darkmeer stuck, and it's been expanded and revised, using variations such as Darkmeer, DarkmeertheDark, and, at arcades, my initials are always DTD (my actual initials are all "S").

I'm generally the same online as offline.  I have no fear of being a geek and embrace it.  I don't curb my behavior (outside of language) online, but then again, I do that for the Kiddos at home, so no big deal there.  I can swear with the best, but enjoy real conversation with less swearing overall.

For the Avatar, I am using one of the "Richard" avatars from Looking for Group, one of the web comics I follow.  I like it because it's got the best things:  angry, glowing, evil eyes. The next step is Judgement, which requires fire :devil:

• Like 1