Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha TSR Drow II

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46419-tsr-drow-by-ral-partha/

So from this WIP above, here are the final results of the four drow elves from Ral Partha that I've been painting since November 11. I finished them actually about two nights ago, but just finally got around to working on the last pictures. I'm pretty well satisfied how they turned out, even though I can also see a few issues as well. I think a little too much matte finish got put on the one with the shield because I can see a lot of glare with the photograph, but oh well.

I actually enjoyed doing this and liked doing a complete set of figures as opposed to random individual figures. I'm pretty sure that I somehow saved some time by doing four similar figures. If it took about six weeks to do four figures, and normally if I'm working at a regular pace of a figure every two weeks, I saved two weeks of my life that I would have otherwise spent in painting radically different figures. So I just gained two more free weeks of painting time (in theory). I also think that by working on the WIP and documenting progress, I tried to actually make progress and post it, not letting the figures just languish as sometimes hapens. So anyhow, here they finally are. Enjoy!

post-1758-0-49284300-1356887893.jpg

post-1758-0-09026000-1356887901.jpg

post-1758-0-95590600-1356887911_thumb.jpg

post-1758-0-98958800-1356887923.jpg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 9

They look great! I like the NNM, especially on the blades and as I already mentioned in the WIP topic, I like the different emotions on their face.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rahz
      So I’ve been burning through resin for the past few weeks.  Been focusing on busts as my collection of unpainted minis is... impressive.  I should be painting those, but...  Other than my airbrush exploding on me (paint bubbling up through the trigger), this guy hasn’t taken much time yet.  

Got this from Fotis Mint on Patreon along with a bunch of other ones. 

Printed with a mix of regular clear Elegoo resin mixed with clear red ABS-like Elegoo, about 70/30.  

Primed with Vallejo black primer then base coated with Reaper Coal Black (my new favourite black!!) with a drop of Minitaire Green ghost tint to help enhance the green hue.  

he then got a bib and I hit his face with Reaper Mist Green mixed with some white with a lighter (much more white than Most Green) highlight.  

i then glossed up the face with some varnish. 

His face then got some washes.  Old GW Ogryn Flesh thinned down all over, Vallejo Model Wash Dark Green on the skin and Minitaire Fresh Blood Ghost Tint on the lips and teeth.  

The crown then got a base coat of Reaper Scorched Metal.  

Apparently I didn’t take shots of it, but I then mat coated it and cleaned up the black around the face.  

Tonight I’ll bring the skin back to an almost pure white, leaving the washes in the cracks and I’ll get his mouth done.  
      The crown is a more silver colour in the comics but I’m planning on sponging lighter metallics on to give it a less pristine look.  The leather will be relatively plain as I want the face to stand out, but it will get some highlights and buckles picked out. 

Thanks for looking. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hi again, fine folks!

So just finished this one last night, last part of course the shield, which took me a while to figure out, but who doesn't need a good squirrel shield?  Anyhoos, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys,

so here is a figure I just finished up yesterday and got her on a base.  

Not so sure where she is from, but am almost sure she's a Ral Partha Import from the eighties, but I could never seem to find any image of her in any old catalogue.

Also no idea who the sculptor is, so if anybody knows, please give me a hand and let me know!

Not too happy with the sword, didn't build up enough to white I think and still a little too blue, but in the end I guess I'm not going back, on to the next new miniature to paint.  If I ended up being too persnickety, I'd never get anything thing finished, and I have a pending pile of thousands to still work on....

• By 72moonglum
      Hi Guys,

another old classic from Julie Guthrie, part of a set she put out for Ral Partha in the eighties, Female Adventurers, which I imagine was their answer to the Grenadier boxed set that was also full of delightful adventuring ladies.

This figure is a little nostalgic, because she's actually lead, back from the eighties, not version cast later in Rallidium.

And as always, wasn't sure on a color for her clothing. I had the hair and skin pretty much figured out, but once I got to that point, it took a day or two to actually commit.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy, a great figure from the early sculpting days of Julie Guthrie!

• By Mutilatedlips
      Lots of fun to paint. Nothing to glue. Fun, fun, fun!
      I love painting dark elves. I tried a little more modern skin tone this time. The previous ones I painted I gave them more of an old school look with some light purple to their skin.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)