Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
My 8 year old son painted these shortly after his birthday last spring. I actually liked his colors and the pattern on the Carnotaurus. Mostly I was over joyed that he didn’t glob the paint on for once. A few weeks ago I decided to paint the eyes, teeth, claws, and base for him. Them a coat of sealer. I think they look great for the toy box. Here are my crappy before and after.
I got my Mega Bundle for ReaperCon a few days ago. I was floored by the resin sculpt by Jason Weibe (@GwydionGreen), Dead Men Tell No Tales. I knew immediately that I wanted to paint it; I didn't know though that I wanted to paint it immediately, but I guess I did, as I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Originally, I was going to do it as a challenge, where-by I could only use the paints included in the Mega Bundle...but I have had a change of heart. I had started doing just this, but the lack of yellow choices (Rattlesnake Leather was it) really limited what I could do with mixing, and this is too nice of a sculpt to give it anything but my best.
Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.
I started by cleaning everything and removing the mold lines. The boat was pretty bad and I was forced to remove some of the runes and make it look like weathering to get the mold lines off. The rest was really good though.
Then I primed and started painting. I primed it with Army Painter White. It went on a bit grainy. Maybe my can is getting old. At first, I didn't think it was too bad, but after painting the stone of the throne and the wood of the ship, I got really discouraged. The paint wasn't adhering to the primer right; it was like painting unwashed Bones with diluted paint. It took me an hour just to paint what you see here. Second, the rough texture was really showing up.
So, right now it is soaking in the Simple Green. I hope to get that primer off and try again tonight.
Buenos dias, greetings and salutations fellow reaperites.
I am starting a wip for various reasons. I am trying to motivate myself to complete a few more lead/bone dollies. I hope to continue updating this as I make progress. Feedback of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Even the harshest critics. But you guys are an awesome bunch.
For starters I am half way done on this Warg. Sculpted by Jason Weibe and in the bones material.
I am attempting to make the warg appear if he is prowling on a moon lit nite. The shadows are a blue paint I can not recollect off the top of my head.
Up next is the hell hound. The sculptor is Ben Siens and the material is bones. I am trying to give him a battle worn appearance. To give him that appearance I have painted on faint scars. Now how to improve them and give them depth is a condrum.
The next one I have up to finish is a mind eater. The sculptor is Patrick Keith and another bones miniature. The mind eater is an experiment using various mediums. I am also using him to work on different forms of shading techniques.
And here is two different kroids. Sculpted by Gene Van Horn and in pewter. The details are amazing. I am trying to figure out the right zombie color I want for the kroid sniper.
And finally an oop rackham figure. I really like the sculpt and had bigger plans that I had to scale way back due to reality. I originally envisoned his skulls to be painted asgalaxys and a cosmic scene in the back ground. My talent is not up to par yet.
Thank you for viewing. And yep, need to work on editing and pic taking more.
Several years ago (six?, I cannot remember) I started painting this trio of hobgoblins. It was early in my painting years, anyway. Some of my first metals beyond the metals learning to paint kit. I painted up the two shield holders and promptly put the third aside. I just couldn't handle the idea of having to put a mini together! I was completely at a loss of how to accomplish it. The two painted hobgoblins appeared in-game a few times, while the third holed up in their lair awaiting his day.
Fast forward to now. They are finished! I wrapped up the third hobgoblin in a couple painting hours, with maybe 30 minutes of prep time. What a difference a few years makes when handling a mini.
The shield-bearing hobgoblins were painted using RMS metallic paints. I used Scale75 metallics for the third.
Thanks for looking!