Sign in to follow this  
Jay

54mm Anime School Girl with Hamster Gun Sculpted by Tom Meier

Tom Meier did a lovely job with this but I couldn't figure out what he had in mind with the eyes.

I thought I should change them to get what I could paint.

One of the painters at ReaperCon spilled the beans and let slip the most important clue since paint brushes.

Brush on Sealer!

Unfortunately I ran out of time and was unable to change the pigtails or add the rodent coming out of the barrel.

Everyone knows anime school girls have LONG flowing pigtails. They don't hack them off like is shown here. It's just NOT done. I'm going to saw them off and cast some new ones. It should be reasonably easy to glue them on.

The weapon is described lovingly on their web site:

"Behold the 54mm Scale Anime School Girl.

She comes complete with something every Japanese school girl carries: the "HAM-HAMMER 3000"

Let others dwell on the problems of the past, ACME corporation looks to the FUTURE!
The new HAM-HAMMER 3000 represents a quantum leap in rodent delivery technology. Improvements include:

- A 30mm barrel nearly eliminating tube-jam and greatly reducing the risk of blow-through or backfire.
- Teflon coated acceleration chambers for easy cleanup.
- DIAL-A-BITE, now, with the press of a lever you can set the exact masticatory parameter you need from a warning nibble or a determined gnaw to ... well!"

post-5131-0-92499800-1357087847_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-12476100-1357087865_thumb.jpg

Enjoy, and happy New Years!

• Like 11

First of all, that mini is hillariously awesome! (And I agree with your comment about the pigtails.) Second off, great paintjob! Your flesh-tones are great, and the eyes really are perfect for her.

• Like 1

First of all, that mini is hillariously awesome! (And I agree with your comment about the pigtails.) Second off, great paintjob! Your flesh-tones are great, and the eyes really are perfect for her.

Thanks Kuro, I saw it and immediately decided to buy it. She's just too fun

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And good evening to all towards the end of the year of 2020!

So I just finished this one this morning, another Wood Elf sculpted by Tom Meier for Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures and recently re-released by Ral Partha Legacy.

His eyes are very small, and I tried to stay "in the lines" but they may have slightly gotten out of their orbits.

My only other problem here was trying to figure out the colors, but hopefully what I eventually chosen doesn't clash.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Winter Salutations to you cold weather Reaper ptarmigans!

So I'd mentioned in a previous post how Ral Partha Legacy, a sister company of Iron Wind Metals, has recently opened up and one of their ranges they have acquired is Tom Meier's Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures.  So here is one of them a Wood Elf Lady:

I really love these miniatures. I'm used to painting Ral Partha stuff, but these are quite a bit different, as the detail is so fine and detailed.  The eyes and some of the jewelry is so small and hard to paint.   Even though they are 30 mm, they are quite realistically proportioned so lots of the details aren't exaggerated.

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy, and if you've got a few moments check out the Ral Partha Legacy page!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello guys!

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this and I don't think it's permissible to put links to other web sites, but just as some general information,  Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures, that was a company that Tom Meier had founded quite a many years ago after leaving Ral Partha, are once again available, and being cast through a subsidiary company of Ral Partha, called Ral Partha Legacy.  They are working on releasing some classic Partha for their Chaos Wars game, other miniatures that were previously out of production, and of special note, miniatures from Thunderbolt Mountain.  At the moment on their site they have all their 32 mm elves, orcs and goblins, as well as their smaller 25mm Arthurians and a variety of other historical and fantasy miniatures.  Worth checking out, some very nice pieces out there! 
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and gals, 

So just painted these two, which were pretty simple jobs being they didn't have too many things hanging off of them.  These are bugbears sculpted by Tom Meier, back in 1983.  I had always thought these were odd kind of figures, because my other concept of bugbears at the time were the Monster Manual version as well as the two Grenadier bugbears that were available at the time.  One of my future projects is to paint the Grenadier bugbears as well, plus some more recent Partha bugbears and I think I have somewhere the female bugbear by Reaper that I'd like to paint up.

Anyhoos, these guys have these huge eyes that I really didn't know what to do with.  I thought of one color and not put in any pupils, but then changed my mind.  Hopefully green eyes look okay.  

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reapermaniacs,

So here's one I've had painted for about a week or so but have never just gotten around to sit down at my normal computer to post him.

This one is one I've actually had for a long time, and it's an old lead version back from the seventies.  I had to at one point I think scrape off some paint. I had another newer version of him, but the detail was pretty soft so ended up painting up the original, whose details were so much more nice and crisp.

And being he was a "high" elf, I wanted him to have some nice light colors, no greens and browns.

Anyhoos, here he is:

I've been on a recent kick painting these older miniatures, even old by Partha standards (pre-eighties).  I think I'm going to keep painting them, putting them into my normal mix of newer, old Partha figures.  In any case, hope you like them!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)