Tranquil Ape

Cleaned up the desk!

Yes, short of causing your untimely demise and marrying your widow, where can someone get one of these now days?

I'm joking about causing your untimely demise, of course. I've my hands full with one wife, I don't need two. Besides, I'm not mormon.

• Like 4

Nice layout. I see handles but I bet that's not really that portable.

Is that bottom part a pull out board or just an extension of the bottom? That on a cart base would be nice.

My grandfather was a carpenter and I have a bunch of his old work storage stuff but nothing as large as that beastie.

This one gets the most use. I have to find a new knob:

photo.jpg

According to my mother, he made that shortly after I was born, circa early 1970s. Nothing like good old fashioned woodwork. If this was bought from Wally-world it'd be MDF and dead already.

I started sanding it down to do a new finish on it. It had a handle on top. There are some good furniture stripping companies about my area, so I might just take it to them to get the nooks and crannies.

Where do these come from? More to the point, where can I get one!

I think Tranquil Ape has one you could take off of his hands... :ph34r:

I actually have one of these that used to belong to my Grandfather (he used it as his welder's toolbox back in the day.) one of my current unfinished projects it stripping and sanding it, and refinishing it., but until now, I hadn't been sure what I would use it for.

If you don't mind my asking, what all do you have tucked away in this awesome baby?

Sooooo sorry i havent gotten back to this... I finally broke down and got a job at my local game shop... its a far far cry from what i was making as a project manager but at least i get discounts on minis...

here is a link to where she got my chest http://www.grizzly.com/products/26-Oak-10-Drawer-Chest/H7716

Be happy to answer any questions that anyone may have

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shadowphaze
      Recently some of the games I have acquired come with so many boxes of extra figures that I don't know what to do with them all.  The game boxes themselves have the plastic tray inserts in them that are made to hold just the base game figures which is nice but...  It poses the problem for me that if I want to use an expansion or anything I have to carry multiple bulky boxes.  How do you folks deal?  I'm just running out of space for all these game boxes.
    • By ActiveMindsGames
      Hey Everyone, first let me say thanks to all the great people who visited us at ReaperCon. You guys definitely made it our best Con yet. We sold out for the 3rd Straight year. We always love coming to ReaperCon!

Now it is time for us try again to restock and continue to make the best storage and display solution for miniatures on the Market, No Foam required. Our latest Kickstarter has launched, and this version of the Clear XCase will be better, stronger, faster...OK, maybe not faster, but definitely better and stronger. These units are able to withstand pretty much any normal usage scenario that you might throw at them, for, what should be, years to come.  Also, you will have a chance to get your hands on the first wave of organizational inserts we plan to offer for the XCase. The shelf and tray inserts that are add-ons will allow you to display your miniatures even more prominently during travel or will hold your dice, tokens, cards or whatever components your game has... except the board.

This is a relaunch as our September campaign came up short. We did quite a bit of marketing this time and we are doing better but we could still use your backing I hope you will come check it out.

XCase 2.0 Kickstarter

• By NomadZeke
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portablewarfare/the-sergeant-20-miniatures-storage-bag?

A minis/painting station transport bag from Portable Warfare with modular selection of foam insert trays. I'm interested...though I've never been one for the rigid transport cases (personal opinion) and hey mobile paint station possibility too.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732737466/miniatures-vault?ref=discovery

About
      Miniatures Vault Great for all Metal and plastic Miniatures, as used in RPG systems and table top WarGames.
      Medium Miniatures Tray We have already made several test samples that have been sold. This is an opportunity to lower prices and mass produce these boxes for anyone who would like one!
      Small Miniatures Tray Holds up to 114 Miniatures! Very Compact 12"x 9"x 4" Design  
      High quality, much like comic and trading card boxes.
    • By Madog Barfog
      A long time ago (years, actually), those of us who didn't want to spend large sums on Ott lights used "natural" bulbs made by General Electric. These were bluish, incandescent, 60 watt bulbs that gave a more sunlike color spectrum than regular house bulbs.

Technology has moved on and I'm looking for modern replacements. The incandescents get pretty warm, hot enough to deform the plastic on another lamp I use, and my new painting room gets pretty hot when my fiancé and I have 2 illuminated magnifying lamps going, plus a laptop, three dogs that hangout, an upstairs room, etc. I'd like to buy a pair of LED bulbs (or CF, if that's the only option) with the same light characteristics.

However, searches of my local hardware store, Meijer, plus Amazon and even a general Google search have turned up nothing. I used to buy these at the local Home Depot, and I'm a bit concerned that LEDs can't do what tungsten filaments did in regards to spectrum. I am looking for a "standard" size of bulb and base, just like the old incandescent house lights I bought for decades before CF became a thing and then were replaced by LEDs running on house current.

What is considered the replacement for these old bulbs? What do people use today, and where can I buy some?
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)