Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

I don't normally post paint challenges this close together, but this one is going to run the rest of the year, giving you the remaining 360 days of 2013 to complete.

Paint a dragon, one of the large sized ones, like 2457, Amber dragon, or 2549, Narthalyssk, or even 60028, the Pathfinder Red Dragon. You can even paint one of the massive dragons, such as 10022 Ebonwrath, or 10016 Deathsleet. And if you bought into the kickstarter and would like to paint one of those dragons, then this is the challenge for you. Sorry, 'young' dragons and familiars will not count here.

Post here to join, and tell us what dragon you plan to paint this year. Keep us updated with photos of your progress, or links to your WIP or blog.

I'm still trying to decide what I'll paint:

60028 Pathfinder red dragon

2717 Dragon of Fire

2539 Silver Dragon

• Like 1

Im in... I have grenadier's Invincible Overlord dragon that has been neglected for 25+ years... he's big and all lead

Ooh, yes. I have a verocithrax that I need to finish. Dragons that I'll start this year will include Nethyrmaul and Glockendrache (I've forgotten the name Reaper gave him), and possibly Ebonwrath. I won't finish all of them, I'm sure.

Challenge accepted. Thanks to the Kickstarter I've got more dragons coming than the Draconomicon. :wub:

I'm not a very fast painter but I will commit to painting Ebonwrath (well, one of them anyway).

• Like 1

I will see what I can do.

I have one that totally needs to be redone. So count me in on this.

I'm definitely in! I'll probably be painting either Ebonwrath, Wyrmgear, or, when they are at retail, I'll pick up a Shadow Dragon in Bones and paint it up. Depends on what I'm feeling over the course of the year.

• Like 1

I'll be in. Unfortunately, I skipped the Bones Dragons, and will have to pick one up when they go up for retail. But I'm totally in. Eventually. Provided my wife doesn't find out...

-DD

Well, I was certainly planning to paint dragons this year. I'm getting several from the Reaper Bones Kickstarter, although some of them are already slated as surprise gifts for our children (youngest was just given the Pathfinder core rulebook, eldest gets the Jabberwocky ... which come to think of it probably isn't a dragon, and so forth).

I have some ideas for iridescent paints. We'll have to see how they work out.

Wow! I'm excited to see so many people signing up. This will be a great year for dragons!

• Like 1

I'm in. I have a big-a$$ dragon (100mm+??) (don't know the maker), in my stash that is not only in need of paint but also some repairs, so I guess this is as good an excuss as any. Or does it have to be Reaper (not a problem)?

Edited by captenglish

Technically, the Jabberwocky is a dragon according to Reaper store search of "Dragon" :devil:

According to the Pathfinder Bestiary 2 from which it's taken the Jabberwock is a dragon. I disagree with Paizo on that point but hey - it's their book.