Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

Well my first dragon of the year will be the Citadel (aka GW) Great Fire Dragon. I have a bottle of Green he is going to have a bath in before I get to work on him.

Random picture of model from Internet not my copy at all:

_MG_2259-02.jpg

His knightly foe may get a bath as well....

Edited by ObsidianCrane

I'll be in too. Lil' nervous assembling something that big. But the only way to get over that is doing it. Not sure which gal is going to be ordered .... But I'm off to the store to find her

• Like 1

We've been discussing prizes and thought we should poll everyone here to see which of the two ways we should go.

1) Treat this like a normal Painting Excuses contest with a 1st\2nd\3rd place and one random drawing?

2) Have only a 1st place in each of the two categories and the rest of the prize money handed out via drawings? This would mean smaller prizes, maybe $35 for the judge based one and then a $25 and a bunch of $15s awarded at random.

chime in below and let me know.

I think the random drawings are cool, but they are definitely not something to be overdone. I'd really hate to see more drawing winners than contest winners. I think that it would be cool to do 2 winners, and instead of random drawings, do category winners! Instead of raffle winners, the best color choices, best basing, best conversion (if applicable). Everyone can only win once, but it gives people who have certain strengths to really try and showcase!

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 1

I think the random drawings are cool, but they are definitely not something to be overdone. I'd really hate to see more drawing winners than contest winners. I think that it would be cool to do 2 winners, and instead of random drawings, do category winners! Instead of raffle winners, the best color choices, best basing, best conversion (if applicable). Everyone can only win once, but it gives people who have certain strengths to really try and showcase!

Agreed, if we're doing this as a contest I would prefer to see it judged by merit rather than fortune.

• Like 1

#1 as per the Winter Fantasy contest.

Not a fan of a million little categories for prizes either; 3 categories ("Boxed Dragon", "Blister Dragon" and "Open Dragon" for example) with 1st to 3rd and a random prize for each is good.

Edited by ObsidianCrane
  • Like 2

I'm not doing this for the prizes, I just have a big freaking dragon I need to get done :P

agreed- I just want an excuse to finally finish Cinder before my bones dragon arrive. So whatever y'all decide is fine.

I think #1 makes it more interesting - if you want more prizes - Best use of Purple - is always a fun addition ;-)

Too easy -- any miniature that doesn't use any purple would be in the running.

:devil:

I'll avoid jumping on the bandwagon and vote for #2. If the intention of this is not to be a standard contest, but rather an attempt to get as many people as possible to complete the challenge, then the second option seems best to me.

I'm so in for painting a dragon! If I am not too late that is... *glances around* Right? Please?

Assuming I'm good I'll paint Nethyrmaul from the Kickstarter when he arrives. :)

Great initiative this!