Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

Ohh is it too late to put my name down to paint one of my big dragons I get from bones? It won't be a marvelous job (like some I'm sure we'll see) but it will be painted to the best of my ability!

It's a year long challenge, I think you have time. ::):

I know it's early days yet but whilst I think about it:

If there are any other miniatures alongside the dragon do they have to be Reaper Miniatures? I've got the idea for what I want to do already just a case of finding the right things.

There's no restrictions on manufacturer for both the dragon challenge and the dragon contest scheduled for December.

• Like 1

Yep. Reaper is covering prizes regardless of manufacturer so make sure to say thanks next time you see them.

Sorry there are official rules out yet but I'm not sure what to do with prizes as it appears to be pretty evenly split between what people want.

I'm thinking that maybe the Diorama should be 100% standard contest since that's more of a competitive thing anyway and leave the other one being one or two judged prizes then random drawings as that one seams to be more causal.

• Like 2

Huh. A year long contest just about matches my painting speed. ^_^

Like a lot of people, I'm going to have a whole pile of dragons arriving with my Kickstarter package. I'll give it a shot. I could use the extra push to make me *finish* one.

quick question would http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dragon/sku-down/14445#detail/14445_w_4 aka 14445: Hydra count for the entry? If not how do you tell if the dragon is accually large enouph for the contest?

This was asked and answered earlier in the thread; it was a yes. ::):

As far as dragon size, I think the rule of thumb is that it has to be considered an adult dragon. Not a pygmy or a shrunken adult, either. I don't think we have a specific size limitation since dragons are so many different shapes and each maker is different; much like obscenity, I think this comes down to "you know it when you see it."

quick question would http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dragon/sku-down/14445#detail/14445_w_4 aka 14445: Hydra count for the entry? If not how do you tell if the dragon is accually large enouph for the contest?

Yes, that counts and it is large enough -- barely fits on the 50mm base. Dragons should be about this size, or larger.

Anyone not sure should just ask me. :)

Yes, that counts and it is large enough -- barely fits on the 50mm base. Dragons should be about this size, or larger.

Anyone not sure should just ask me. :)

barely fits as in too big or too small?

barely fits as in too big or too small?

As in: the dragon is too big for the base. This is the size dragon I want to see. Larger dragons also count.

Edited by Inarah