Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

I'll jump in on this challenge. I'm wanting to get at least one of my KS Bones dragons done this year, may also try the chibi hydra from another KS.

I'll put my hand up as well, for one of the 'there be dragons' from the Kickstarter.

I have a young dragon that 'should' be arriving any day now i can test my colour design out on.

I'm guessing we will be posting photo's for judging? (this will be my first comp)

Well, here is what I have done so far on one of the Projects I'm determined to finish. This Project was started a couple years ago due to an item I purchased from the local Michaels, a Freaking Huge (Fake) Diamond! The idea was to use this item to make a Trophy/Diarama thing involving the D&D Mini Elder White Dragon. The Mini in question has a nearly perfect pose for this project. The only problem is its Tail needed adjusted a bit so it would go around the Diamond. Also, I need to do alot of fiddly bits with the base. And redo that horrible attempt at a Necklace, too. And then Finally Paint the Bleeping thing! So I have a "Huge" Project ahead of me ::P: But, it needs done eventually, so might as well be now.

Spoilerized for those with crappy Bandwith and stuff. Pic is rather big and not sure how to get pics down to smaller file sizes, yet, so that is the reason for the spoiler. You can find more Pics of various things I've done in my PhotoBucket album linked in my sig.

100_1712_zps3f3c27eb.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, so I'm officially bummed. I came across a dragon when I was rooting through some old boxes in the basement. This thread came up, and I put it in the back of my mind. Then I thought "Why not, I've had him for decades, may as well slap some paint on him!"

Went back down today and uncovered his box...and he's missing a leg, at some point in my moving around the country it was snapped off and the leg portion got lost. Spoiler'd for size.

Draco_legless.JPG

I was looking forward to that! Now he'll have to wait for me to develop some kind of sculpting skills...

Anyone know what dragon/manufacturer/etc he is?

perhaps if you lose the base and just remove the arms and legs carfully you can pass it off as an old war dragon thats been put to pasture after being maimed in battle.

• Like 1

My wife Lorraine has decided to have a tilt at this Group build and will open up the blister packet of the Ral Partha "Young dragon of Krynn"

Are nominations still open?

• Like 1

Anyone is welcome to join anytime between now and December 31.

However, I think your Young dragon of Krynn is going to be too small for the Contest, which will have a size requirement. We're looking for dragons that stand about twice as tall as this one.

Edited by Inarah

What it boils down to is the challenge should have been named "Here there be Drakes", as drakes are the family which dragons, hydras, wyverns, and wyrms belong to.

Well, I'll be putting in the Tak, possibly my RP TSR Wyvern, and some of my KS Bones dracos. Prizes are a nice plus, but really I just think the contests here are fun - and as a rule I don't like contests.

I'm not much for the competition itself, but I like contests because they give me artificial deadlines to get my brush moving.

• Like 1

What it boils down to is the challenge should have been named "Here there be Drakes", as drakes are the family which dragons, hydras, wyverns, and wyrms belong to.

Well, I'll be putting in the Tak, possibly my RP TSR Wyvern, and some of my KS Bones dracos. Prizes are a nice plus, but really I just think the contests here are fun - and as a rule I don't like contests.

I'm not much for the competition itself, but I like contests because they give me artificial deadlines to get my brush moving.

Every little bit helps when it comes to painting dragons. So here we can keep up the enthusiasm, help if you get stuck, and cheer at our accomplishments...as well as get our buts kicked to get painting faster! So...hurry up! Less than one year to go!

And I WILL post pics of another little dragon or two tonight, Nameless. Do not think I have forgotten.

Anyone is welcome to join anytime between now and December 31.

However, I think your Young dragon of Krynn is going to be too small for the Contest, which will have a size requirement. We're looking for dragons that stand about twice as tall as this one.

Oh, OK. That is a shame. Thanks.

My local shop has "Dragons don't Share" still in the box, new. Maybe I'll go and get that and paint that up.

Oh get that one! It is a lot of fun and a total classic!

• Like 1