Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

I read the first 6 pages, jumped to the last to realize it is currently 16 pages long. I also got the Vampire kickstarter with a lot of extra dragons, and Kaladrax will be the first one I'm painting. If it's not too late, I'd like to join in.

Is it possible to have more than one entry? I also got the Orcpoloypse upgrade, so I have a bunch of green-skins to get painted as well. However, I suspect I'll make time to get more than one dragon finished before the end of the year.

• Like 3

The first person that paints Nethramual within the year should get the special "Cramped Painting Hand Award". A mini that would be 10 lbs in metal is going to be very hard to paint.

A special award for painting Reaper's second largest dragon?

Edited by cmorse

Welcome, RedTwoX. You may have more than one entry in the judged contest, but only one will be eligible for prizes.

Welcome, RedTwoX. You may have more than one entry in the judged contest, but only one will be eligible for prizes.

Excellent! While a prize would be nice, I'm not holding my breath given the quality of painters I've seen in the community. I'm just happy to be a voice in the chorus and participate :-)

• Like 1

Count me in! Now to pick a dragon....

Edit: Question. Is the Reptus Dragon Turtle welcome in this contest, or are we looking at more traditional dragons?

Edited by LizardMage

Right now I have finished assembling both the big Hydra and Viridis; I'm not certain which I'm going to attempt to tackle for this challenge. I guess it depends a lot on what I learn from Sue at ReaperCon to help me speed up my dragon painting. Viridis is HUGE; I can't imagine what Kaly and Nethy are going to be like. Viridis may give me the drive to finally learn to use my airbrush.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 3

Right now I have finished assembling both the big Hydra and Viridis; I'm not certain which I'm going to attempt to tackle for this challenge. I guess it depends a lot on what I learn from Sue at ReaperCon to help me speed up my dragon painting. Viridis is HUGE; I can't imagine what Kaly and Nethy are going to be like. Viridis may give me the drive to finally learn to use my airbrush.

Viridius got to be the biggest metal model Reaper produce. Do you mind posting a pic with Viridius and the Hydra side by side?

Viridius got to be the biggest metal model Reaper produce. Do you mind posting a pic with Viridius and the Hydra side by side?

Sure, I'll try to take some pictures tonight.

Talespinner, I have yet to resort to a sprayer thingamajig. Buy bigger brushes ;-) Well, we'll discuss that very soon!

Yes, Ma'am. ::D:

Edited by TaleSpinner