Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

Ya, my husband probably won't make up his mind which one he wants painted until after they get here. Which is fine, gives me time to get better at painting bones :huh:

I have old GW wood elf (forest? green?) dragon at home. And IIRC, I'll get 6 Bones dragons (2 undead, ebonwrath, red pathfinder, 2 from dragon option - sorry, can't recall names at the moment).

anyway, can I paint them all? :ph34r:

I love making plans. I hate executing them.

• Like 3

I'd say yes. The focus here is more really large reptile more then "does it have wings"?

Heard back from Reaper and they will be providing prizes for this. We will have two categories: Single model and Diorama and both will be open to all manufacturers! I'll get an official rules thread up in the next week or so but for the most part if you've participated in one of my contests before you know what to expect.

• Like 8

I am excited to get in on this one. I am getting Wyrmgear from the kickstarter, and I want to try my hand at metallics.

So I see a 120mm base is the same size as a CD, hmmmmm I must dry fit Lavarath & see if it's too large or just right.A CD works great for the big box dragons, but Lavarath is a large blister dragon. I'm gonna add the Ebonwrath wings instead of the included wings (BTW great innovation on that part,Reaper!!) so it'll be allot bigger.

Oh, how many Ral Partha dragons do I have waiting to be done:

Bridge of Sorrows, Durin's Doom, Dueling Dragons, Takhisis, Make-a-Wish Dragons, MechaDragon, Shadowrun's Feathered Serpent ...

Not to mention the Bones Clockwork Dragon I'm waiting on.

I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

Lavarath is supposed to fit on a 50mm square base according to the Warlord stat card. (I'm not convinced of that at all.)

She does, if you don't count the tail. See for yourself below.

She will easily fit fully on a CD.

3000b.jpg

Edited by Amalor Myrnnyx
  • Like 3

Will this count: Garrity Hydra

It is as big as Cinder sans wings and is a very draconic version of a hydra. I've been looking for an excuse to put this one together.

Andy

Now I want to try to put wings on that.

Just looking around I have 11 dragons that I could complete. I'm hoping to get one of them done this year.

Well, if you're counting the hydra, I have that coming too. For some reason I decided I wanted it, even though I KNOW that if I paint it, eventually we'll have to fight it... le sigh.

• Like 1

Started my Hydra last night. I intend for this to be my ReaperCon entry, will that preclude me from entering it in this one as well? Also, are WIPS allowed?

Andy