Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

WIPs for the Challenge are highly encouraged. I hope people will be inspired by seeing the work of others who are participating.

• Like 1

If you're going for the contest, sorry don't have the rules up yet, it's the same as my past ones but to answer your questions. 1) No 2) yes

Yaay, then I am quite happy. WIP will go up tonight.

Andy

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 2

Questions:

(hopefully my last regarding bases, ha ha)

Secret Weapon has oval 120mm bases vs regular 120 circle. Anyone ever use those or seen them in "action"? Just curious. I guess I'm so use to regular circle & square bases that a oval shaped one is throwing me off, but I do like the look of it, just not sure what it would look like under a mini.

thx

WIPs for the Challenge are highly encouraged. I hope people will be inspired by seeing the work of others who are participating.

I started prepping mine and was going to put up a snap shot but I am not sure if we should start our own thread, post here or are you planning on starting a thread for everyone to post progress shots in?

I will need inspiration to paint up a dragon and look forward to seeing other peoples as well.

Questions:

(hopefully my last regarding bases, ha ha)

Secret Weapon has oval 120mm bases vs regular 120 circle. Anyone ever use those or seen them in "action"? Just curious. I guess I'm so use to regular circle & square bases that a oval shaped one is throwing me off, but I do like the look of it, just not sure what it would look like under a mini.

thx

My Sophie witch is on a secret weapon 120 oval. Here's the link to my WIP for her http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46970-sophie-witch-wip/

I have unearthed Ebonwrath and will start looking at assembly tonight. As I was falling a asleep under the infuence of sweet, sweet cold medicine, a plan for the base sprung forth full clothed like Athena from Zeus' brow. Now I'm off to look at examples of swamp bases and alligators.

• Like 1

I'm in, too. I have (ahem) dozens of old metal dragons that need to be painted, so I'm not sure yet which one I will do. Possibly my Teronus, the Ultimate Dragon.

• Like 1

I'm in, too. I have (ahem) dozens of old metal dragons that need to be painted, so I'm not sure yet which one I will do. Possibly my Teronus, the Ultimate Dragon.

I remember seeing Teronus for the first time more than 20 years ago, this Dragon is an awesome model. It's definitely a collector piece now. Along with the Great Spined Dragon from Citadel I think Teronus is one of the most memorable old school Dragon model I've ever seen.