Inarah

Here be dragons! 2013 paint challenge

I would like to see it more towards #2 myself. I think that will bring it more towards a challenge and might inspire more people to seriously participate. This started as a challenge, and while I don't mind if it has a contest attached to it, I think it is a bit intimidating for newer painters to post thier pieces knowing they are to be judged based off certain categories and such. But that's just my 2 cents.

I am up for whatever comes. This will be the first miniature dragon I have painted and I think it will offer great encouragement. I love the time frame, as I don't feel particularly rushed or compelled to abandon everything else I am working on just to finish this piece in time for a due date.

I pulled out my Red Dragon last night and looked him over. I think the first order will be to wash him, and then go OCD on all of the mold lines and a few clumpy places I found on the mini. I will be starting my own WIP thread sometime after this week (I am VERY busy this week), but I will be taking lots of pictures along the way.

I'm so in for painting a dragon! If I am not too late that is... *glances around* Right? Please?

Assuming I'm good I'll paint Nethyrmaul from the Kickstarter when he arrives. :)

Great initiative this!

You are just in time! This is a challenge lasting until the end of the year so we all have plenty of time! Welcome to the party!

I would say #2, because it was supposed to be a challenge to finish not a contest to see who's looks best. If it was supposed to be that sort of contest I honestly wouldn't have joined >.>

Exactly. I know I can't come near the quality of many members of these boards, so I wouldn't even bother trying to enter a contest like #1, but #2 would encourage more participation from a wider array of members, like myself.

Humm. Want to make this a contest that ends in December? I'll get prizes if people want to do this.

Maybe do

1) 50mm and smaller dragons

2) Stuff larger then #1

3) Diorama

Just to remind people what the original proposal was for the contest.

I think #1 makes it more interesting - if you want more prizes - Best use of Purple - is always a fun addition ;-)

Too easy -- any miniature that doesn't use any purple would be in the running.

:devil:

::o: fellow Cult of Purple and Teal members - did you read that?!

• Like 1

I Would go for number 2 also. A challenge I am in for. But for a contest, I know I cannot compete with a lot of people on the boards here. As soon as it moves into contest, I lose interest. I would be just as happy with no prize support, but if there is, random draw or something equally as fair, so even folks just beginning on the paint quest have an incentive to finish.

Edited by sethohman
  • Like 1

I think #1 makes it more interesting - if you want more prizes - Best use of Purple - is always a fun addition ;-)

As a card carying member of the Cult of purple (haven't really used teal much) I'll just make the rules require it. :devil:

• Like 3

gasp! People don't like teal and purple? Madness. I must prove it can be done...and I'll add orange, too, just to spite all the nonbelievers!

• Like 1

I like teal. Roasted is probably best.

Edited by Doug Sundseth