• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great looking paintjob! I like the vibrant use of color and the faded appearance you pulled off with the cloth at the ends to make it look like he's been in a great many battles and keeps on ticking. The basing is great and I also really like the appearance you got with his fur/hair.

Is the yellowed tone of the fur from an incandescent bulb or did you paint it that color?

I think you did a great job on the fingernails/toenails and the shoulder bone spurs, but you seem to have tapered off on the tail spurs. I think he'd benefit from some minor attention on those!

• Like 1

thx! i ended up using a blend of linen white and some straw yellow(yellow and brown blend) for the final highlight on the fur, with just the lightened brown colors it seemed to be just abit flat.

Your right about the tail..its a single smooth weird lizard thing..there was no deviation in the sculpt between tail and points,so was kind of freehanding trying to make it look like the shoulder ridges.Heres a close up.

tail.jpg

But I probably could have spend more time on it trying to emulate the groves in the spurs. A smooth surface really is the scariest thing to paint on these things LOL

Edited by bloodydrake
  • Like 1

the head definitely off center aye :) ..the neck is pulled to the right abit and turned to look to the left.

the "kit" comes with three heads and 3 sets of arms one head looks to the right one centered and one to the left..same with arms and hands..one set down..one set up..one with a sword.

I magnetized all 3 so the limbs and head are interchangeable for gaming.

I'm a huge fan of Hordes, OCrane. One day, I'll have more of my Legion army painted. But yes, I love the models, and the game is really good as well. But mostly, I love the models. I get to paint Elk-based Cavalry for my army, which also has dragons! How cool is that? (and if you don't like dragons or werewolves, you can have bipedal elephant-beasts, or walking mountains! Or gator-men!)

Bloodydrake, I'm diggin your warpwolf; my local Circle player usually doesn't put as much contrast between the "skin" and "fur" parts of his wolves, and your version looks totally sweet. That face is awesome, too.

• Like 1

I agree I love Hordes figures the art direction is fantastic. If they weren't so expensive I'd probably have more armies.

I was wondering how to do the color of the warpwolf.Since traditionally the Pureblood is white, the Stalker is grey and Feral is brown. Seeing as I've magnetized the kit and want the colors to match regardless of loadout I stuck with the more neutral brown skin and went with a brighter lighter fur as a compromise.

I'm glad it worked out.