ReaperCon Minis

Shogan

So I noticed that since last years ReaperCon we've had a ton on new pirate minis and the theme for Reapercon was obviously pirates. Is that normal for the theme to predict some of what will be coming out over the next year? If so I am psyched for 2013, "Dark Carnival" sound so cool. I did see that we already have the ringmaster and strongman. 2012 was my first Reapercon so I wasn't sure if that was typical. Can't wait till April. Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows if you buy a ticket and can't attend they will ship the swag bag to you.

I've been doing just that the last few years. A little bit pricey, but I do believe that Reaper is trying to give as good a value as they can with the goodies in it. ::):

Just so everyone knows if you buy a ticket and can't attend they will ship the swag bag to you.

I've been doing just that the last few years. A little bit pricey, but I do believe that Reaper is trying to give as good a value as they can with the goodies in it. ::):

There's more than $40 retail of stuff in the bag.

• Like 1

To be honest though, I'm only ordering it for the Reapercon exclusive minis, loved the pirate cat from Darksword in last years package. ::):

But do I want or need the magnet, the pen, another bag, modules, the playing cards, the lanyard holder, the Reaper bottle(ok, I kinda liked that), or even random minis I have no interest in? The answer is no.

At this point I don't understand why Reaper doesn't just put the Reapercon minis up for sale on their online store for the weekend of the event. Sure go ahead and make it a $40 minimum requirement to qualify the purchase, but at least that way I can just order the minis that I actually want to make up that order for my $40. The systems already in place, Reapers 12 Days of Christmas, so why not use it. Plus there's always Zazzle for those that do want a knick knack or momento, all Reaper has to do is submit a Reapercon image for that year.

To be honest though, I'm only ordering it for the Reapercon exclusive minis, loved the pirate cat from Darksword in last years package. ::):

But do I want or need the magnet, the pen, another bag, modules, the playing cards, the lanyard holder, the Reaper bottle(ok, I kinda liked that), or even random minis I have no interest in? The answer is no.

At this point I don't understand why Reaper doesn't just put the Reapercon minis up for sale on their online store for the weekend of the event. Sure go ahead and make it a $40 minimum requirement to qualify the purchase, but at least that way I can just order the minis that I actually want to make up that order for my $40. The systems already in place, Reapers 12 Days of Christmas, so why not use it. Plus there's always Zazzle for those that do want a knick knack or momento, all Reaper has to do is submit a Reapercon image for that year.

Other than the convention only figure the other ones are available through the web store.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. The ReaperCon Sophie is available through the web store during the weekend of the convention and has been for years. I believe any of the other special convention minis are usually available as well. The only exception would be if they do a convention only miniature which is only available at conventions that Reaper attends, like the 2010 Sophie (UL and Non-UL) that accidentally ended up in the Liche Level box.

Sometimes you have to give the people that actually attend the convention a perk, that no one else is going to get.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 1