Non-Reaper Vendors?

fanguad

I'm planning on making this year my first ReaperCon, and since I have *no* idea what to expect, I was wondering if there are other vendors who come. By which I mean places that sell things besides paint and minis. For example: paint holders, terrain, brushes, basing materials. I'm always leering of buying that stuff online with only a 400x400 pixel image to base my decision on.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't caught it reading some of the other threads, the convention is not like your typical gaming convention. It is not held in a hotel or convention center; it is held in Reaper's facility, on the warehouse/production floor. As such, in the past, that wasn't particularly conducive to having outside vendors there. This past year marked the first time that Reaper really had an actual vendor presence for other companies. If you poke around through the threads from this past ReaperCon, you might be able to find some pictures of the vendors that were present (there were only a handful, and I'd not expect much more, as there really isn't the space for it). That is, of course, no guarantee that those vendors will be there again, or that there will even be vendors at all.

Reaper does have a storefront at the front of the building, and it does carry products outside of what Reaper makes, including gaming books, paint caddies, brushes, etc.

~v

There was a vendor that set up late in the con last year (nice to say that now, ha ha) that had some great aftermarket model/mini items like photo-etch, boutique line items. I'm hoping they are there this year. I'll have some cash for them this year.

One of the vendors is Frontline Games. They've been at the Con the last few years. While not a mini vendor last year also had a lego vendor. Again I kinda hope they are there again this year as I told my son about that & he wanted some of the mini figs they had (brought home Iron Man & Loki for him last year).

• Like 1

Don't count on the boutique being there again. He ticked Bryan off.

Wasn't there a song written about that? It went something like...

"You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And you don't tick off ReaperBryan."

Like I said, something like that.

• Like 2

There was a misunderstanding, and I think we have sorted everything out. I've been kind of consumed with Logistics planning for Kickstarter shipping in the weeks preceeding ReaperCon, so I think I'm not on the vendor committee this year. Probably.

what about the Cookie Lady from RCon '11?

The Cookies were there last year as well. Mmmmmmm

Interesting. And yet there was a distinct lack of cookies present in the Reaper Swag bags I received in each of those years.

Hmmm. There's something not quite right here...

what about the Cookie Lady from RCon '11?

The Cookies were there last year as well. Mmmmmmm

Interesting. And yet there was a distinct lack of cookies present in the Reaper Swag bags I received in each of those years.

Hmmm. There's something not quite right here...

Blame me. I think she sold out sometime on Sunday. :unsure: I may have had something to do with it ... white chocolate & macadamia nuts... :wub:

• Like 1

There was a misunderstanding, and I think we have sorted everything out. I've been kind of consumed with Logistics planning for Kickstarter shipping in the weeks preceeding ReaperCon, so I think I'm not on the vendor committee this year. Probably.

Bryan,

Were you voted off the island? LOL

Lue.