60092: Cleric of Calistria

fanguad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have that mini. The general consensus in our family is no way that's a cleric, but that's neither here nor there. :;):

That's a nicely expressive face, but the skin tone is somewhat flat. Have you considered a slight pink tinge to the cheeks and lips? And perhaps a slight shading between and under the lips.

I know it dosent matter much but Calistria is a pathfinder godess of trickery lust and revenge, in the gods and magic manuel it mentions that her clerics are often scantly clad.

We have that mini. The general consensus in our family is no way that's a cleric, but that's neither here nor there. :;):

That's a nicely expressive face, but the skin tone is somewhat flat. Have you considered a slight pink tinge to the cheeks and lips? And perhaps a slight shading between and under the lips.

I know it dosent matter much but Calistria is a pathfinder godess of trickery lust and revenge, in the gods and magic manuel it mentions that her clerics are often scantly clad.
I hadn't actually realized how scantily clad. One of my young 'uns painted this figure for our eldest's were-panther shadowdancer character, and what here is bare skin my young'un painted all black.

Then again, I'm not yet familiar with Pathfinder. We only just gave the core rulebook to our youngest as a D&D alternative.

Anyhow, I shouldn't have cleric bigotry, so my apologies.

Edited by Pingo

Great job so far Fanguad! I know your steering away from Yellow, but give it some more thought if you believe it truley is the way you want to go for the overall piece. Don't be afraid of Yellow even though coverage is challenging. What I do to get it to work, and I usually have great results with Yellow, is to undercoat first with a Yellowish Brown if you have one. My favorite is Palamino Gold from the MSP Series. I find that Palamino Gold has great coverage and compliments the Yellows that are on top very well. I hope this helps and keep up the good work. :;):

I started the purple detailing, but more importantly, I think I just leveled up my photography skill. I intended this to be a quick snapshot but it turned out way better than the pictures where I was actually trying. I was able to get my camera to focus *much* closer to the lens. It's either the brown background or the distance between the subject and the far wall. I'll have to experiment to find out which one so I can repeat this.

post-8582-0-88474700-1358722360_thumb.jpg

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 4

Great job so far Fanguad! I know your steering away from Yellow, but give it some more thought if you believe it truley is the way you want to go for the overall piece. Don't be afraid of Yellow even though coverage is challenging. What I do to get it to work, and I usually have great results with Yellow, is to undercoat first with a Yellowish Brown if you have one. My favorite is Palamino Gold from the MSP Series. I find that Palamino Gold has great coverage and compliments the Yellows that are on top very well. I hope this helps and keep up the good work. :;):

Palamino Gold is either Mars Yellow or Yellow Ochre, I can't remember which. It's a pure, unmixed pigment, anyhoo. It's six-of-one-a-half-dozen-of-the-other because both are yellow iron oxide, just one is chemically pure and the other has a little clay mixed in.

Anyhow, yes, iron oxide yellow has excellent coverage when most yellows do not, and makes an excellent underpainting for a good yellow.

• Like 2

I got a bunch of work done on this lady today. First, finished up all the purple lines. Added shading and highlighting to the "black" clothing. Mangled her face but was able to recover from it without too much damage. Highlighted her hair. Attached the base and put liquid greenstuff in the gaps.

I need to give her eyebrows and lip color. Shade and highlight the brown bits and finish the base.

post-8582-0-00456800-1360457013_thumb.jpg

post-8582-0-15417200-1360457020_thumb.jpg

post-8582-0-31123100-1360457032_thumb.jpg

post-8582-0-36613900-1360457038_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, she has a lot of knives (10 that I can count, including the 2 she's holding). Actually, the reference pic (both in the Adventure Path and the Artist's Gallery) has even more! And actually, now I see the one I missed (I knew I had one more handle to do in light brown, but I couldn't find it!)

Edited by fanguad

Just a little bit of progress, but I got some pretty good pictures so here's one of them. (Camera didn't want to focus on her face though)

Honestly, I think I like the no-eyebrows version better. They completely changed her expression.

post-8582-0-27824400-1360809055_thumb.jpg

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 3