Red Box Games Kickstarter #2

Trodax

I haven't received anything from Tre's first kickstarter yet.

It's good to hear comments like these as I'll definitely watch this one with trepidation. Tre Manor is a noteworthy guy and I have zero doubts that he'll fulfill his obligations, but I like deadlines to be met.

I can confirm from first hand experience that fulfillment and "expected ability to fulfill" that you claim at the start of a kickstarter can be two very different animals. When we had expected that our $30,000 project might end up like a lot of other high profile projects and make not quite $1Million (and have ~4,000 backers), our projections for space needed, personnel, etc. were very different from what we ended up needed with 17,700 backers and $4Million in product. This has resulted in delays for us, and reclaculations, suppliers that had panic attacks when we ordered in ten to twenty times our usual quantities, etc.

I'm sure that Tre's 5k blossoming into well over 50k did something similar to him. Doubling your order volume from your supplier more than doubles fulfillment time in many cases, especially in the case of resin where each mold is hand-poured.

I completely understand. I'm just the kind of person who works one problem at a time; for instance, I only ever have one miniature that I'm working on at once. I don't start/stop multiple miniatures at a time. However, I do recognize that a sustainable income stream is something that I'm sure is a goal of business, and thus, situations like this will arise. It's like I said, I have no doubts that he'll fultill...I guess, other people's perceptions help temper the 6 year old inside of me that is screaming, "I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!". ^_^

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a large quanity of stuff, not one of everything mind you, and have also received nothing. Not too worried about it but the whole Trollcast thing is starting to worry me in terms of the potential volume Ed may have to pump out and some quality issues we've seen like thin shields showing up in other people's packages. Sounds like there are some issues there and, and this is me not knowing the people involved, that a lot of supply chain information is not at its best. You don't want to keep doing smaller orders because every time you get one you have to handle it like its the main order and do all the shipping seperate and then go and do it all over again. But if that's the only way the material can be doled out, that's a huge problem that will result in further and further delays. Getting help is hopefully going to do Ed some good, but it all depends on where the constraint is. Is it in casting? Is it in the molds? Is it in getting the material packed and shipped back to the guy hiring him for the work? Some of the things extra help, unless it's very extraordinary extra help, aren't going to matter on.