Red Box Games Kickstarter #2

Trodax

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aenglish are on the cards, but its all goblins to start. (Truth is I'm not sure the Aenglish wouldn't have been more popular, but Tre researched and Gobbos were the most "do this" thing, followed by Aenglish, so here we are.)

Project is now funded.

When we hit $15k (hopefully by this time tomorrow) it will be a $58/60 pledge to get everything (with 6 archers, 12 spearmen & 12 sword & board).

• Like 1

The older I get the less I hate scale creep.

There was a period before I switched from glasses to contact lenses where some of the older Reaper minis became impossible for me to paint. Personally I'm all in favour of a chunkier mini.

I think I'm going to have to wait until after the current stretch goals are gone, the gobbos are just not doing it for me.

Edited by Nocturne

I think I'm going to have to wait until after the current stretch goals are gone, the gobbos are just not doing it for me.

Agreed. I like Tre's stuff and I've been watching for this one to launch but the goblins are not what I'm after. I'm glad to hear that he did the market research to figure out what to do next and I hope it's a tremendous success for him.

Here's my cheat sheet to help you understand what's on offer here with unlock values, number of figures and discounts

SOLOS ($5)
Runty Gob Archers (3 figures) Unlocked
Dogsbane (1 figures) 30K
Black Tongue (1 figure) 30K
Gore Fang (1 figure) 30K
Crowbiter (1 figure) ?

LESSER RANKS ($25)
Runty Gob Spearmen (12 figures) Unlocked
Runty Gob Footment (12 figures) 15K

SPECIAL RANKS ($35)
Goblin Bonebacks A (12 figures) 25K
The Troll Brothers (2 figures) 40K
Runty Gob Wolf Riders A (4 figures) ?

$30 level, no saving
$55 level, saves $5
$90 level, saves $10
$115 level, saves $20
$165 level, saves $40

the lack of target numbers for the last few stretches will give Tre the option to fine tune them to aid/build momentum, or could indicate where he feeds in the Aenglish/Dverger

hope this helps more of you to pledge (or pledge more)

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 2

It's also possible to pledge for goblins and then switch over to the Aenglish / dwarves when they show up. Doesn't decrease the net amount of funding or anything, so it is what I am planning on doing. The last kickstarter hit 80k, so they will be coming.

And if they don't show up, then I will get a bunch of really cool evil-fraggle-goblins.

• Like 2

Hmm, will have to see what comes in the later stretch goals, have no real use for any more goblins right now (I know, strange argument for not buying miniatures).

Still not sure going ahead now is the best of ideas; between the incompetence of postal services and customs, some international backers may not even receive their stuff from the first KS before the second one ends. That might put some people off. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Edited by Arkady

I'm also looking forward to the Aenglish, the old lady is an Anglophile. She'll enjoy me painting them.

edit: in 2017

I bought into the first one for the Aenglish. I got them a couple weeks ago. Real nice. I'll most likely buy into the second run just so I can get more Aenglish.

The last kickstarter hit 80k, so they will be coming.

I dunno, a lot of people were able to get goblins and bonebacks REALLY cheap in metal when he liquidated stock last year. Seems a lot of people are holding out for the Aenglish or the dwarves, so it might not get critical mass to get over that hump to open them up, which would help fund them...very circular.

Obviously he'll do ok on this one, but I'm not sure it will be as big as the last one or the next one. I'm looking forward to the Njorn, really.