"Nurbald the sculptor" - Rackham

Sentient Bean

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh. I can see why people speak revently of Rackham minis. That's neat!

(I had a time warp. When I started collecting minis the companies were Grenadier and Ral Partha and the very newest, actual TSR minis. Then I Rip Van Winkled to now, and not only are all the companies new to me, but there are a whole bunch in between I never knew. The most beloved of these, it seems, was Rackham.)

I do like the colors and the detail. How big is that?

Thanks Uber-Mensch! Yes, they are magnificent miniatures. When I came back to the miniatures hobby after a break of ten years or so, I swore that I would play and paint historical figures only. That is, until I saw Rackham's offerings and particularly their Japanese themed goblins and ogres. It was a tragedy when they went belly up.

This miniature is scaled for 28mm but is about 20-22mm high, but stout as a dwarf. I think he's actually meant to be one of the good guys.

Hopefully they come around again... at reasonable prices (the company that has the rights charge crazy money at the moment and has a very limited selection on offer).

Yeah, it's a spider-chair thingy. It's actually missing a leg but I thought that the walking cane sort of helps hide that. I'll take a picture from the side when I get a chance.

Yeah, it's a spider-chair thingy. It's actually missing a leg but I thought that the walking cane sort of helps hide that. I'll take a picture from the side when I get a chance.

I thought that was the reason for the cane.

Nice work!