Vaitalla

REAPERCON CLASSES 2013

This is reposted from my display thread since Bedlam, PhD asked me about what How Not to Suck was all about. How Not to Suck is two hours of me figuratively talking non-stop (I have to pause to drink water) to tell all about everything from miniature tools and prep to how to layer. It's a pure demonstration class where I send two minis on constant circuits around the classroom to help people see that the physical process of how to transition from extremely dark to extremely light colors is not mystifying, easy to do, and is something anyone can replicate. Like I say in the class, if I can do it, _anybody_ can do it :D. It goes over basecoating, washing, layering, lining, how to prime, clean a mini, and how to make watching paint drying exciting. It's full of tips and advice I gleaned from other painters over the course of several years of 'Cons interspersed with my own observations as someone who can paint about as well as... well... what you see above. :D

• Like 2

It only took me like three years to get around to using my own idea, someone should have stole it from me long ago. ;->

• Like 2

It only took me like three years to get around to using my own idea, someone should have stole it from me long ago. ;->

I used some of your technique on a model I painted very recently! Over in the Winter Wonderland Entry thread... the dark girl in the burgendry dress... her top is sheer and I used her to nail down my NNN(non-nude nudity) method.

Edited by Girot

Will there be buttons/links to add the classes to one's cart on the class list, or will they be somewhere in the online store. I am eager to get certain classes/times, and I understand there's a bit of insanity when the classes first go live....

-Dave

standing by! i'm going for two classes and a one-on-on.

Speaking of the one-on-one... I'm not quite sure what I should bring as an example of my work.

standing by! i'm going for two classes and a one-on-on.

Speaking of the one-on-one... I'm not quite sure what I should bring as an example of my work.

Not having done one, I would say bring something that shows what you want to improve on. You want to showcase your abilities, and also where you've botched stuff.

done!

13-P11: One on One with Anne Foerster

13-122: Speed Painting 101

13-232: Airbrush Basics

13-312: Painting Large Models

13-332: Post-Airbrush Detailing

13-413: Playing with Color

13-424: Amazing Glazing!

That was fun. I love speed shopping!

got mine... woot

13-242: How Not To Suck (for my friend)
13-244: Freehand Techniques
13-222: Sculpting for Basing

13-215: Basics of Blending $20.00 x2 - For my wife and I together, awww! (where's the emotionally ill emoticon...)
13-242: How Not To Suck $20.00 x1 - For me, 'cause I don't wanna suck!
13-315: The Art of Hot Chicks $20.00 x1 - For me, 'cause I like hot chicks. Also for me 'cause my wife likes hot chicks.
13-335: Earth and Fire $20.00 x1 - For my wife.
13-325: Sculpting with Fimo $20.00 x1 - For my wife.

I also started adding some mini's, thinking I'd capitalize on the free shipping.... Then my mini order was over $25 anyway. >.< On the upside, I'm getting me a Casketworks!

-Dave

• Like 1