Painting Excuses Winter Wonder Single Figure Entry Thread

MonkeySloth

Well, I thought I would throw a little something out there. Here is Goldar the Barbarian from the now extinct P65 line # 65131. I was debating his entry since I really dislike the face as it is sculpted, but I am running out of time and 2 more categories to get stuff done for. Everyone seems at the top of their game for this one.

post-6227-0-62028400-1360730843_thumb.jpg

Good luck everyone!

• Like 7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The (not so) good General is a model I purchased because he fit with the Deva race description for 4E and works great as a Paladin and other similarly heavily armoured characters. Having found a colour scheme it took me a bit to get around to painting him, but he is done now, and seeing he didn't get a basic tabletop paint job I thought I would enter him. The fact he now reminds me of Sephiroth is a bonus even if I didn't do it on purpose.

14267: General Matisse,Overlords Warlord

14267-General-Matisse-Front.jpg

14267-General-Matisse-Right.jpg14267-General-Matisse-Back.jpg

• Like 10

OC, that is stunning! I love your gold NMM here, and the hair and face, while definitely not flashy, make this guy look very sinister. The blade looks great, and I *LOVE* the extra bit of freehand on the back of the shield to make it look like boards. If I had one thing to suggest, it would be to bring up the highlights on the dark parts of the wings a little bit more. Perhaps whatever your bone colour of choice is?

Edited by Baugi