Woot! New Bones in Alliance database

Erifnogard

Just noticed that a ton of the new Bones have made it into the Alliance Games Distributor database so I of course immediately put in our store's preorder! Now just have to figure where the heck to put that many on the pegboards. And to think, I still have to figure out where all of my personal Bones are gonna live when they show up at my door. My life is hard, woe is me.../Eeyore

Ah who am I kidding, I can't wait for my Kickstarter Bones or the store's so I can revel in all the wonderful mold release vapors....I mean appreciate the artistic wonder of the sculpts.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important to note: We will not be shipping any of the New Bones (Kickstarter Bones) to Alliance or other distributors until AFTER all backers have been shipped* their rewards.

*Note I say shipped, not received. Due to the very long shipping times of international shipments, I cannot categorically guarantee that any given backers will have their bones delivered before we begin shipping to distribution, but I can guarantee we will have shipped theirs first.

Oh I understand that, I'm just excited to be able to order them for the store. I couldn't convince the owner to get them through the Kickstarter so all the locals that I couldn't cajole into doing so will just have to wail and gnash their teeth in jealousy of mine when I get my Kickstarter shipment in. At least until the Bones reach the distribution chain anyway.

Kind of curious what the MSRP is for them.

Me too. How much of a deal exactly do you think we got?

An exactly ridiculous deal. I'd say if you went for one of everything, including add-ons, it would probably math out to somewhere between a 65%-75% discount off MSRP.

ETA: If we look at just Vampire level, which was $100, there's 241 minis. Some of these are small, some large, most medium. Sir Garrick is $2.29. Let's round that down to 2 bucks and average out all the Vamp minis to mediums, which I think is a fair rounding.

That's $482 of Bones for $100. Which is actually better than a 75% discount. So I think the very conservative estimate is 65%, and probably higher than that.

And everybody who turned their noses up at Bones and didn't opt in are going to chew their own arms off once they realize how awesome they actually are, and what kind of rampant bandit deal we made off with.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 8

I hear ya. I might want more at retail, too. I expect the price will be good, I've got no complaints after raiding the existing Bones line for everything available. Heck, I'd buy more right now except I figure with under a month and a half (already!) before the KS Bones are scheduled to begin shipping I should probably wait until I catalog that horde

Edited by buglips*the*goblin

Isn't a month and a half equal to two goblin years? You know you want some more bones. ;)

Of course I want some more Bones! I just don't want to overdose and then wind up leaving them in a drawer.

I got this totally under control. Totally. I mean it's not like I'm going to do something *clicks button* like buy twenty unicorns *clicks button* which nobody would ever need *sends payment* because that would, you know, just be CRAZY.

*payment approved*

• Like 4

Kind of curious what the MSRP is for them.

Me too. How much of a deal exactly do you think we got?

An exactly ridiculous deal. I'd say if you went for one of everything, including add-ons, it would probably math out to somewhere between a 65%-75% discount off MSRP.

ETA: If we look at just Vampire level, which was $100, there's 241 minis. Some of these are small, some large, most medium. Sir Garrick is $2.29. Let's round that down to 2 bucks and average out all the Vamp minis to mediums, which I think is a fair rounding.

That's $482 of Bones for $100. Which is actually better than a 75% discount. So I think the very conservative estimate is 65%, and probably higher than that.

And everybody who turned their noses up at Bones and didn't opt in are going to chew their own arms off once they realize how awesome they actually are, and what kind of rampant bandit deal we made off with.

I *think* if you bought a blister with everything in Vampire, it came out to $515, or very close to. Maybe like $514.97 or $515.25 or something. In my head, it's $515. That makes it about 80% off.

I'm not a /huge/ fan of plastic minis (yet), as I'm not really a gamer. But I still went in for double vamp + extras. Because c'mon.

And talking it up at my video gaming forum pulled in a bunch of other people who weren't really interested in buying minis. Because it was probably the best deal you'll ever see to get a big load of minis on the cheap. Whether you're a painter looking for practice or a gamer looking for replacements for your bottlecaps. The only guy who I think didn't pledge was adamant about needing pre-painted minis. But even he will reap (hah) the benefits if these filter back over to the prepaint line.

Being able to produce Bones in the US is another reason I was happy to back at the level I did. I truly believe in Made in USA, even if it costs more.

• Like 3