02832: Ogre Chieftain - metal

Sentient Bean

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts of each picture look in focus, so I think it is a depth of field problem. If that is the issue, a higher f-stop and slower shutter speed should do the trick, though I also need a tripod to keep the camera steady enough. Either that or get farther away and use a zoom lense which will help minimize the perspective distortion as well as reduce the depth of field problem..

The fig looks great. As on your other figs, the jewels look very convincing.

Parts of each picture look in focus, so I think it is a depth of field problem. If that is the issue, a higher f-stop and slower shutter speed should do the trick, though I also need a tripod to keep the camera steady enough. Either that or get farther away and use a zoom lense which will help minimize the perspective distortion as well as reduce the depth of field problem..

The fig looks great. As on your other figs, the jewels look very convincing.

I agree that DoF is the biggest problem with the photo.

But for a given f-stop and framing, the depth of field is essentially identical. That is, moving back and zooming in gives you almost exactly the same depth of field as long as you don't change your f-stop. For more information, see DofMaster. Backing up and zooming in does address perspective distortion problems.