• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts of each picture look in focus, so I think it is a depth of field problem. If that is the issue, a higher f-stop and slower shutter speed should do the trick, though I also need a tripod to keep the camera steady enough. Either that or get farther away and use a zoom lense which will help minimize the perspective distortion as well as reduce the depth of field problem..

The fig looks great. As on your other figs, the jewels look very convincing.

Parts of each picture look in focus, so I think it is a depth of field problem. If that is the issue, a higher f-stop and slower shutter speed should do the trick, though I also need a tripod to keep the camera steady enough. Either that or get farther away and use a zoom lense which will help minimize the perspective distortion as well as reduce the depth of field problem..

The fig looks great. As on your other figs, the jewels look very convincing.

I agree that DoF is the biggest problem with the photo.

But for a given f-stop and framing, the depth of field is essentially identical. That is, moving back and zooming in gives you almost exactly the same depth of field as long as you don't change your f-stop. For more information, see DofMaster. Backing up and zooming in does address perspective distortion problems.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.