Bones Video; Slow Scroll Past

ObsidianCrane

Ok… as promised.

Methodology: Submerged the mini in near-boiling water for 1 minute, repositioned the wings and submerged it in cold water for about 10 minutes.

Flit before his bath:

[img=http://www.niagaragamers.net/images/Flit-before.jpg]

And Flit after his bath:

[img=http://www.niagaragamers.net/images/Flit-after.jpg]

It's been over two weeks and it hasn't changed position. It did a great job of flattening the warped base too.

Thanks Dan. That's really what I was waiting to see, a dramatic rebending.

And also what I wanted to hear, an extended period of time passing without it reverting back.

::):

Now the interesting thing is that he used hot near-boiling, and I used a rolling boil. (Gloves and tweezers).

I found that the skeletons went instantly super soft, so only kept them in for 3-4 seconds. As soon as they hit the cold water they solidifed again (I could actually feel it spring through the tweezers).

So it'll be interesting to see how, if at all, the results differ. I suspect Dan's method is less risky. I mean, I actually worried the skeletons might glob apart on me they went so squishy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the skellies has an incompletely formed base. I might put him under for an extended period to test, make sure it doesn't do anything weird. Mostly so I can be certain that when I tell somebody "do X" then they're not going to come back later and yell at me because the cloud giantess now looks like Freddy Kruegar.

• Like 2

There are good pics of this with Gargoyles too:

Before Hot water bath: (PocketCthulu's WIP thread)

8327302852_52cc797acf.jpg

After hot water bath: (My WIP thread)

20130113_143945.jpg

I didn't even realize that it's wing wasn't supposed to be bent like that...

Ok… as promised.

Methodology: Submerged the mini in near-boiling water for 1 minute, repositioned the wings and submerged it in cold water for about 10 minutes.

Flit before his bath:

Flit-before.jpg

And Flit after his bath:

Flit-after.jpg

It's been over two weeks and it hasn't changed position. It did a great job of flattening the warped base too.

Mine's almost exactly the same, He's getting a hot water bath it seems.

Why do I do stuff like this? I don't know.

This is more-or-less the list of figures as they scroll by. I tried to note them as rows, but they weren't neatly ordered into lines, so YMMV. Names are pulled from http://greg.botch.com/bones/

So, starting up front with Familiars-

Reptus, Winged Serpent:Bat:Little Death:Ferret:Hawk:Cat

Wolf:Stumpy:Dark Fairy:Faerie Dragon:Doll with Knife:Familiar

All Familiars accounted for.

Next, going to Dungeon Attack-

12 Rats (four each of three sculpts)

Moving on to Vermin-

Spider:Spider

Rat Swarm:Dust Scorpion:Fire Beetle:Fire Beetle:Dust Scorpion:Rat Swarm

Scarab Beetle Swarm:Spider Swarm:Spider Swarm:Scarab Beetle Swarm

All Vermin accounted for.

Going back to Dungeon Attack-

12 Kobolds (two each of three sculpts on each side)

Flanked by the kobolds-

Mockingbeast:Treasure:Oxidation Beast

Going back to Dungeon Attack-

12 Goblins (four each of three sculpts)

Dungeon Attack all accounted for.

And then We Be Goblins!-

Halberd Only:Dagger Behind Ear:Dagger Up

Sword and Halberd:Sword Only:Dagger in Right Hand:Dagger Down:Archer

Now a mix of wee folk-

Balto Burrowell, Gnome:Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard:Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Thief:Lem, Iconic Halfling Bard:Ingrid, Female Gnome

Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf (with sword up now):Gruff Grimecleaver (weapon swap):Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard

All of the Half-Sized Heroes are accounted for here.

More Dungeon Dressing-

Candelabra:Altar (sans sacrifice):Vault and Lid:Candelabra

Don't know if we're getting two Candelabras. Kickstarter images only show one.

First of Fire It Up! appears-

Spell Effect, Burning Sphere:Wall of Fire

Surrounded by skeletons we have-

Dain Deepaxe:Hell Hound:Khael Stonekindle (Gandwarf)

Freja Fangbreaker, Dwarf Sergent

All of the Dwarves are accounted for.

Here comes the Undead Horde-

6 Skeletons (two each of three sculpts)

4 Zombies (two each of two scultps)

Undead Horde all accounted for.

Deladrin, Assassin:Lizard Man w/Spear:George, Zombie:Kellen, Nobleman Adventurer (now hooded):Isabeau Laroch, Female Paladin

New Female Warrior:Astrid, Female Chronicler:New Female Dragon Slayer:Overladen Henchman:Mason Thornwarden, Ranger

Chronoscope, et. al. coming up-

Rosie, Chronotechnician:Andre Durand, Time Chaser:Sascha Dubois, Time Chaser:Dita, Steampunk Witch

Horace "Action" Jackson:Bonnie, Futuristic Heroine:Female Nova Corp Officer:Rex, Dark Future Hero:Berkeley, Zombie Survivor

Deadeye Slim, Cowboy:The Black Mist:Deputy Wayne Tisdale:Ellen Stone, Cowgirl

NOVA Corporate Security Sergeant:NOVA Corporate Security Guard:Garvin Markus, Nova Corp Hero:Nova Corp Rifleman:Nova Corp Soldier

Erik Proudfoot, IMEF Marine:Nick Stone, IMEF Squad Leader:Jazz Jenkins, IMEF Marine:Sarah Blitzer, IMEF Sniper

"Torch" McHugh, IMEF Flame Thrower:Reggie Van Zandt, IMEF Heavy Gunner

Ape-X, Super Villain

Chronoscope, IMEF Marines, NOVA, and Zombie Hunters all accounted for.

Flanking Ape-X-

Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin:Nienna, Elf Ranger

Bartender:Blacksmith:Strumpet:New Male Fighter with Two Swords (?):Lysette, Elven Mage

Wench with Mugs:Grandmother:Finaela, Female Pirate:Elladan, Elf:Terezinya, Bone Pander Wizard

Gravedigger:Man with Sickle (weapon swap):Aviriel Tellerion, Elf Paladin:Trista, Female Warrior:Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

Mother w/ Children

Townsfolk and Townsfolk II all accounted for.

New Pirate:Ghoul Queen:Juliette, Wizard:Autumn Bronzeleaf, Female Elf Wizard:New Male Pirate

Almaran the Gold, Paladin with Flaming Sword:Mummy of Hakir:Shaeress Nashanneth, Dark Elf Queen:Goldar the Barbarian

Medusa:Female Human Wizard:Dark Elf Warrior:Necropolis Ghast:Arthrand Nightblade, Wood Elf Sergent

Finari, Crusaders Hero:Elquin, High Elf Adventurer:Norgol, Irongrave Knight:Satheras, Elf Warlock:New Female Pirate

Klocke Classics and Pirates all accounted for.

Halbarand, Cleric:Virina, Female Demon:Sinessa, Hellborn Sorceress

Heroes all accounted for.

Haunts on its way-

Anirion, Wood Elf Wizard:Labella DeMornay, Banshee:Spirit

Elves all accounted for.

Damien, Hellborn Wizard (wepon swap):Callie, Female Rogue with Bow:Clay Golem:Zalash, Dark Elf Assassin

Nefsokar Tomb Guard:Dragonman Warrior:Grave Wraith:Anvall Thricedamned, Evil Warlord:Khadath, Nefsokar Captain

New Male Paladin:Mangu Timur:Bat Swarm:Darkrasp, Death Priest:Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress (almost off screen)

Lots of Pathfinder stuff now-

Seoni, Iconic Female Sorceress:Damiel, Iconic Alchemist:Merisel, Iconic Elf Rogue (version 2):Goblin Warchanter

We Be Goblins! all accounted for.

Seltyiel Iconic Eldritch Knight:Valeros, Iconic Male Human Fighter:Feiya, Iconic Witch:Kyra, Female Iconic Cleric

Ezren, Iconic Male Human Wizard:Seelah, Iconic Female Paladin:Amiri, Iconic Female Human Barbarian

Iconics and Iconics II all accounted for.

Judas, Necropolis Warlord:Black Orc Hero:Black Orc Archer

Tierdeleira, Priestess:Black Orc Tundra Stalker:Orc Swordsman:Ragnaros, Evil Warrior

Dark Elves and Dark Heroes all accounted for.

Orc Spearman:Snakeman:Male Human Wizard

New Wizard with Staff and Familiar:Leisynn, Mercenaries Mage:Lizard Man Spearman:Lizard Man Warrior

Aello, Harpy:Battleguard Golem:New Male Berserker:Flesh Golem

Ghost King:Arrius the Black, Skeletal Champion

Grave Danger all accounted for.

Stone Golem:Malek, Necropolis Mage:Neb'nesew, Nefsokar Warlord

Golems, Necromancers, and Who's Your Mummy? all accounted for.

Vandorendra Demon:New Female Viking:New Male Elf Warrior:Well of Chaos

30 New Bones, Bedevilled, and Dungeon Dressing all accounted for.

Night Spectre:Kavorgh, Black Orc Warlord:Medium Fire Elemental

BBEG all accounted for.

Troll:Ghostly Summons:Eyebeast

Haunts and Swamp Things all accounted for.

Large Fire Elemental:Owlbear

Fire It Up! all accounted for.

Yehpima, Female Cloud Giant

Storm Giant:Griffon

Owlbear/Griffon and Storm Giants all accounted for.

So, that's it! Other than Mister Bones (which isn't really part of the Vampire set) I think everything is here!

• Like 3

I've been painting Flit- he came to me with his wings squashed together as well; I just bent them back out. I've been painting in between his wings and pushing fairly firmly on them. After the first day of painting his wings have stayed where I want them, no hot water bath needed. It's been about a week since I worked on him and no movement in the wings noted. But the bath is a nice idea...

• Members

Why do I do stuff like this? I don't know.

This is more-or-less the list of figures as they scroll by. I tried to note them as rows, but they weren't neatly ordered into lines, so YMMV. Names are pulled from http://greg.botch.com/bones/

Flanking Ape-X-

Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin:Nienna, Elf Ranger

Bartender:Blacksmith:Strumpet:New Male Fighter with Two Swords (?):Lysette, Elven Mage

Wench with Mugs:Grandmother:Finaela, Female Pirate:Elladan, Elf:Terezinya, Bone Pander Wizard

Gravedigger:Man with Sickle (weapon swap):Aviriel Tellerion, Elf Paladin:Trista, Female Warrior:Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

Mother w/ Children

Townsfolk and Townsfolk II all accounted for.

Certainly looks like it should be the new two sword fighter, although from the video I'm not sure I like how the sculpt turned out vs the concept art.. In the concept art he is en guard to the front, the figure looks like is is fighting to the side.. hopefully he looks better up close..

I've been painting Flit- he came to me with his wings squashed together as well; I just bent them back out. I've been painting in between his wings and pushing fairly firmly on them. After the first day of painting his wings have stayed where I want them, no hot water bath needed. It's been about a week since I worked on him and no movement in the wings noted. But the bath is a nice idea...

I've also found with my Flit that after repeated bendings of his wings to get at his fiddly bits they've stuck in a wider position.

• Members

Engarde is to the side. It presents a smaller target to the foe. And in right handers it keeps the heart in back. Trust me on this. I was on the #6 Fencing team in the US.

It's probably just the positioning.. they have him going left to right when the concept art perspective would be head on.. This and the eventual two bladed elf (that was replaced by an existing) are the two i most wanted for personal play