Stonehaven Troll =(

redambrosia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, hear!

I'd be interested to see numbers on whether making a figure a limited edition actually increases short-term sales enough to make up for the long-term sales that might otherwise be lost.

Some LE figures have large enough editions that effectively they're limited to "as many as we can sell", but you're cutting yourself off if you have a real hit figure. And most sorts of publishing are funded by the profits from the home runs, not the singles and walks.

$16 for the armoured troll is a good price, but as I mentioned in the other gnome thread, $10 for the original troll which includes a nice base, from the first kickstarter is an absolute steal.

600 available of the original available. Maximum of 2 per backer. I could see them selling out on this.

Edited by Darsc Zacal

Stonehaven just mentioned that 2000 were made. 600 were left so they did sell through 1400 of them. That's better than 2/3 of their original inventory. Almost 3/4. That's not too bad considering it likely the caster has a certain minimum quantity per batch. I don't think Stonehaven guessed too bad considering they had no track record to refer to.

Of couse this doesn't take into account the few that will be faulty or damaged in transit.

Edited by Darsc Zacal