Drizzt Do'Urden, Red Box Games Miniature Conversion from Yvander HalfBlood

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all! Here is one I just finished up yesterday evening. This is for Buglips since I know Drizzt is his favorite Forgotten Realms Character :;):

<_<

Yes, I especially loved the part where he got eaten by trolls, resurrected, blasted by fireballs, resurrected, and then captured by Lloth to serve as her mindless evil minion for all eternity while his soul was subdivided into larvae and traded on the bloodwar market by Night Hags.

Oh, wait, that was in my fanfiction. "Drizzt Gets His Comeuppance" by Buglips D. Goblin.

PS - the goblins totally won and took over Bruenor's dwarf hall. They drank goblin beer from the skulls of his people and made Guenhwyvar give them rides.

But still, even if it is a Drizzt, you did a neat job.

• Like 4

I am glad he has gone over well. He was one of those shelf of shame miniatures that I started last spring, then got busy with other stuff and he sat, based and primed. I got the base coat on his cape in October (which by the way is RMS Peacock Green - My new favorite green), then again he sat, In November I cut the notches in his tunic and then again he sat. This past weekend, since I have no commission work going on, I finally got to really concentrate on him and get him done.

@ CashWiley - as for the notching in the tunic, I honestly did not even think about painting it on. I seem to hardly ever take the easy way, or my mind gets these creative ideas and it seems to block other ideas out.

@Buglips - Sorry, I just had to throw that quip out there, since I told you a while back I was working on this. I still feel bad that a few ofus high jacked someone else's post to discuss the Forgotten Realms and Drizzt though.

@Bruunwald - I have thought about that mini as well. Also Reaper makes a mini that would be a good Drizzt. I just saw it yesterday, but can't remember the name of it. I plan to get that one also.

• Like 1

@Buglips - Sorry, I just had to throw that quip out there, since I told you a while back I was working on this. I still feel bad that a few ofus high jacked someone else's post to discuss the Forgotten Realms and Drizzt though.

Quip away, I was very amused and always happy to play along.

• Like 1

I think the swords look abit to big compared to the mini, but that is a minor complaint. This is an absolutely lovely paint job. Crisp and clean. Love it.

Yeah, I wish I was good enough at sculpting to make the swords as they are actually shown on the new book covers, but alas I had to work with what I could find and did not what to cut up another miniatures scimitars to achieve the results for this mini. I did try to thin them a bit if it is any consolation.